death of a cinq

Currently reading:
death of a cinq

saw said:
What about punto driveshafts? Brakes? As mines 899 driveshafts not up to it I'm thinking. My engine turns over by hand but there is a tight spot :(

no, James is correct, you need cinq or sei sporting driveshafts, punto driveshafts are much longer as the punto is a much wider car.

brakes are fine as long as they are in good condition, the 899's have the same system as sportings.

saw said:
Cool mark cheers..... What about ARB? Just in case I need to add to shopping list anything not mentioned....yet

you don't "need" it, but i would get it anyway :) would also get the shocks+springs from a sporting too if possible, both not essential by any means, but just makes the car handle a wee bit better than an 899 :)

standard sporting springs are only 20mm lower than 899 ones and still way too high IMO, so should be perfectly fine for rough ground :)

centos are so short wheelbased cars you can generally get away with lowering them even if you need to cross rough ground because they just skip from bump to bump rather than drag over them, mine at -50 (over a sporting, so -70mm compared to your 899) never really ground out despite covering some really rough stuff, admitedly the exhaust back box isn't quite the same shape it was when it went on the car, but that was nore down to the rubber getting fouled on my rear arb and not holding it's peg then vibrating off leading the exhaust to drop and drag along the ground.

ended up fixing that with a jubilee clip rather than a rubber though :)

Back