Dastek unichips?

Currently reading:
Dastek unichips?

M

Martin

Hi guys,several Dastek unichips appear on E-bay.From previous posts,realise we need the 'B' chip but does the code following the B matter or will that be converted by a Bravo wiring loom? Considering piggyback and cams for my 155HGT,thanks for any advice.

MARTIN

i also have a 155hgt and have been looking into the dastek unichip for a while. Because our 155 hgt's are " fly-by-wire" ie: no throttle cable, the only dastek retailer able to fit the "B" chip properly to our cars is based in scotland. That was too far for me to travel. They are currently developing a "fly-by-wire" unichip but it will not be ready untill the end of the summer.

Cheers for saving me many pounds bud,really was thinking of buying blind,glad I checked!!! When they make them and fitting is more Country wide are you headind down the 'cam',road also? Fancy more power but hate the thought of having to buy a different car this being my third Bravo.

MARTIN

ive decided against the unichip now as im going to buy a coupe 20v turbo in a couple of months. i do love my bravo but i didnt want to throw loads of money at it- cams and chips etc.. knowing that it still wouldnt be reaching the bhp figures of todays hot-hatches. In my opinion the coupes dont look as good as the bravos- and i love my bravo but i want a turbo.

DSCN1152.jpg

Duno where you get your info from Ashley, but there is no reason why any number of Dastek installers throughout the country cannot fit unichips to our 155's. I should know, as I've had it done.

you gave me the name of the garage that you had yours done at a while ago, i phoned them and they said they were able to do it but it was too far for me to travel. Since then i have tried again to find a garage closer to myself and the above info was what i was given direct from dastek a number of times. Theres no doubt more than one garage is able to do it, but i was unsure whether to trust a garage that claimed they could do it when dastek themselves were telling me otherwise.