General Customer options

Currently reading:
General Customer options

K333fer

I was fiddling with my qubo after work today , tracking needed adjusting and a couple other bit needed tinkering as it didn't take to long thought I would put the fiat laptop on her and see what peramiters could be changed/adjusted.
Was most dissapointed tbh in bcm you can only turn on or off seat belt warning and turn on or off hazard flash when locking/unlocking pretty boring really :(

I was fiddling with my qubo after work today , tracking needed adjusting and a couple other bit needed tinkering as it didn't take to long thought I would put the fiat laptop on her and see what peramiters could be changed/adjusted.
Was most dissapointed tbh in bcm you can only turn on or off seat belt warning and turn on or off hazard flash when locking/unlocking pretty boring really :(

That's interesting - I was hoping for two things..
1. The Qubo has a more exciting 'wish list' of tweaks available to the regular driver and also on the menu you can play with (not via the Lappy)
2. That someone doing a service on here who knows their stuff (K333fer) would put a proper diagnostic machine on it and find yards of tweaks to have endless fun with but....

I will be trading my red van in on Tuesday for an all-black 12 plate Qubo (MyLife) with 19k on the clock (vs my 41k!). When I went to see it the first time I had a quick play with the menu and the choice of settings appeared to be identical to the Fiorino, no extras like making the flick indicator do more flashes or knocking out the annoying off-telling beep when you try to change gear before the car wants you to.
When the van's been in for service I have requested those two tweaks but the first guy was an Indie garage and said his OBD machine was perhaps too generic to go that deep. Most surprising was taking into the marque garage (Autoworld Chesterfield) and making the same requests and they said they couldn't go inside that far either. Why not? Actually, they advertise themselves as service agents for about 12 marques so perhaps their equipment only allowed a cursory scan of OBD data. Can anyone other than the actual maker do such things?
One more thing which might constitute a thread hijack but I guess you guys will read it anyway :cool: The Qubo has no cruise control on it. I was hoping to remove the lower steering cluster shroud on my van today to log the part numbers of that piece and the cruise switch so I might source one from somewhere. Armed with the usual Philips screwdriver I went to remove screw #1 but after a bit of a faff looked up the hole to find it was a chuffin' hex screw (and 5 of 'em) so I got cross as my smallest one I the DeWalt set is a 5 and I think the shroud's size is 4. WHAT'S wrong with self tappers?!?!
SO if anyone has the part numbers of the two required parts can you post them on here please? It's a Dualogic box so from acquired knowledge of reading on here it ought to be plug'n'play..., no switch on a clutch etc.

Thanks,

R-V-M
(Wonder if one is allowed to change a username on here?)

I was hoping for more i must say , woulda been nice to have tho option to turn on daylight running lights but alas no ,
Had a play in all the other connected systems aswell and not much in there loads of commands in engine for new egr valve , dpf and pressure sensors etc , also have the facility to scan the vehicle live on line with fiat that automatically brings up any software updates that any module needs which is a great function :)
If you find the part no for the cruise switch r.v.m would be nice to have that for future ref , think chrome is in order on mine next though oh and a reversing camera to .

Had a play in all the other connected systems as well and not much in there.. loads of commands in engine for new egr valve, dpf and pressure sensors etc., also have the facility to scan the vehicle live on line with Fiat that automatically brings up any software updates for any module which is a great function :)
If you find the part no. for the cruise switch r.v.m would be nice to have that for future ref, think chrome is in order on mine next though, oh and a reversing camera too.

I have a complete rear camera setup available which I didn't get round to fitting in the van. (Same as that ebay item) All you'll need is the long long phono-phono lead that goes from the camera to the mirror as when I was removing the lead, it didn't like coming back down the snake between the back door and bulkhead and it split about 18" from one end. Looking at the filaments sticking out from where it parted company I guess it's a screened cable and there's an odd thin red wire at both ends by the phono plug (yellow plugs). No indication what the red wire is for in the instructions! (A replacement 10m lead is £2.97 on Ebay.)
There's a "Wide TFT Colour LCD Monitor" (7") which is the mirror (3million pixels) and the camera which has a 170 degree view and fits in the place where the lock barrel goes on your back door. Pick up a feed from the central locking solenoid or the reversing lights so it turns on when you engage reverse or have it live all the time.

R-V-M (now a Qubist!)

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
I'm going to go for a wireless one that works with my 6+ should work out well if i can get it set up properly :)

just fitted a rear camera to my trekking it was a right pain to get the wire in to the boot lid I put a small 360 camera just by the number plate light
and the mirror Monitor
my other qubo had a camera fitted when I got it the rear camera is fitted under the rear high brake light but the car has black windows ok in the day but at night
its no good at all
I think the wired camera is better and all the wires go down the head lining
if you go wire less you still need power to the rear camera/ box

Last edited:
It just takes a feed from the reverse light which acts as power and signal tab the same time

I know that but still need to get wire into the boot lid so may as well put a wired in

Don't want a wired one though that was the whole point of having a six plus so can use that as a screen for anything in the car

Back