Cupar 2014 - what did you think?

Currently reading:
Cupar 2014 - what did you think?

Cupar - what did you think of the show and FS stand?

• Yeah, fantastic. Loved it. Back for more in 2015

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Following a frantic month, we've managed to attend not one but TWO shows, at almost opposite ends of the country (well Forres and Cupar)

Specifically looking at Cupar, an established date in the FS diary, we'd like to know what you all think of the show and our stand there.

Voting is anonymous, but rather than just relying on a poll we'd also like to hear YOUR feedback. So please, get posting with your comments and feedback on this event. What do you think that we can we do better? What do you believe that we do well?

Over to you :)

Yup, all good. Really liked the new venue, even getting in was fun - didn't mind the mud really. Field itself I thought stood up well in the conditions too.
Suggestions....erm, spare gas bottle? :p

Pfftt, why bother when we can use your camping stove :p

Thanks again for that and yeah, it'll be sorted for the next show, Glad you enjoyed yourself and can I suggest we start thinking now about how we con the other panda set into attending SICD next year.

Do panda's boil slowly?

Harper said:
Pfftt, why bother when we can use your camping stove :p

Thanks again for that and yeah, it'll be sorted for the next show, Glad you enjoyed yourself and can I suggest we start thinking now about how we con the other panda set into attending SICD next year.

Do panda's boil slowly?

Well I was keeping a careful eye on the temp gauge creeping into Edinburgh yesterday. Doing my best impression of a new-fangled stop start system too. Must fit that new water pump sometime!

firstcar-Y10 said:
Well I was keeping a careful eye on the temp gauge creeping into Edinburgh yesterday. Doing my best impression of a new-fangled stop start system too. Must fit that new water pump sometime!

It's a long shot but it may work. Survived making it to SICD

Actually as a tagline for Italian cars that's pretty good :laugh:

You guys alway do really well, but I think the venue was poor it takes me back to the days at Falkland Palace. I bring a car to a show having spent a week polishing and cleaning (was teaching myself how to buff with a DA ) not to rally the car across fields and dirt tracks.
So it's back to the alfa boys to ask questions I think.

Regards Michael Red X1/9 owner

Thanks Michael and as for access I suspect that is something that will be looked at for next year. The owner of Cairnie was getting concerned for the state of his grass and aroc were concerned about the cars so yes, I suspect if the venue is to stay the same they'll be working together to come up with a more workable solution to getting the vehicles on and off site.

Unfortunately grass, rain and many tonnes of metal don't go well together

Hi Michael thanks for that.

Colin, one of the AROC organisers did pop over to ask me how the day was going and I did mention that site access has caused a few issues and that there had been some concerns.

I think the sugestion of ground matting if theres a repeat of bad weather has already been
made but Im happy to feedback any comments that folk make.

As a site, that issue aside, I thought it was a lot more practical than Tarvit but we'll see what the overall view is.

Far better venue than Hill of Tarvit & far better than Craigtoun Country Park (St Andrews).

Ok so access for some wasn't brilliant, but as Martyn & Katie have said, the owner was getting a bit concerned over the state of the grass, hence why some of the cars had to go on a Rally Cross stage to enter the site & also exit.

In terms of space this is HUGE compared to what we had at St Andrews & Hill of Travit, much more space.

Not sure how we can improve for next year, ok so we had a slight set back with the BBQ que Mike & I making a mad dash into Cupar to get a couple of disposable BBQs, but I'm sure that won't be an issue for next year.

A big thank you to everyone who attended this.
And a special thanks to Martyn, Mike & Katie for making this happen, hopefully next year I won't be worrying if Dubster will make it or not.

Another good year. Great site apart from access for low slung cars but that's been coverd above.

Good show. Enjoyed it and the Venue. It was good to meet up with you all again.

Even Catherines Dad enjoyed it and he wasn't always so keen on Italian cars.

Back