Technical Cruise Control

Currently reading:
Technical Cruise Control

Cloverleaf145

Hi All!

Got to drive the Croma at the weekend!!!(the wife keeps hogging the keys!!!) Coming down the M5 and decided to use the cruise control...turned the switch on.....and nothing....no light on the dash ,nothing!!! Tried it the next day and the dash light flicked on very briefly and then nothing!!!! Anyone got any ideaas!?!?!?!?:bang:

Tried that but still nothing happened!!!!!! Slightly flummoxed by the dash light coming on momentarily!!!!!!!:confused:

Have you tried gently "twiddling" the switch back and forth to check whether it's as simple as a dodgy connection in the switch? Just a thought, given that it flashed momentarily.

It should work while stationary. When it's switched on you should get a green indicator and the text "Cruise", followed by "Control On". The green indicator stays on after the text has gone away.

When it's switched off the green indicator goes off, and you get the text "Cruise", "Control Off".

It doesn't actually do anything until you push it up, to store the current speed. Obviously this won't work unless moving. There is no further indication to show whether it's actively "driving" the car or just waiting for you to store the speed.

Hope this helps.

Doofer!!

Thanks for that....much the same thought ocurred to me but all to no avail!!!!! Still no joy!! I just don't want to get involved with a dealer and massive bills!!!! What has got me is that I've only ushe dace previously and the momentary flashing of the dash light!!!!!!:mad:

Have you got access to FiatECUScan or a code reader, are there any codes stored?

Checked all the fuses?

'Hard reset' i.e. battery off for twenty minutes then reconnect?

When the battery's off, check the plug to the ECU?

Only thing I can contribute is that after I used FiatECUScan to clear the 'learned memories' I lost my cruise control for about five minutes, then it came back by itself.

Sorry I can't be of more help.

FiatECUScan also allows you to test various dashboard lights. Hopefully the cruise control is one of them.

The software was free, and the cable was about £8 delivered from ebay. Well, well worth it.

hi have same problem have ordered a Cruise Control Clutch Pedal Switch which I have been told is the problem you can adjust switch I was told by Fiat Main dealer it looks a bit hard to fit as you don't have much room to operate in I ordered my switch on eBay £10.59 that's including pp

Thanks for the info.

Have you got a part number for future reference?

just go to ebay type in cruise control clutch switch it will show up mine should be delivered Wednesday will let you know if it fixes problem

just go to ebay type in cruise control clutch switch it will show up mine should be delivered Wednesday will let you know if it fixes problem

So it's the one for a Rover 800 then?! That's what it shows me.

It might be nice to say what you got - it might help someone searching for info in the future.

should have gone to Cloverleaf who had problem with Croma crossed wires sorry mate

Clutch Pedal Return Spring is the problem here. You need to fix it as it also brings the clutch completely back otherwise you may be driving with it slightly engaged wearing it out and increasing the fuel consumption.
This was the first repair I did and I did it myself. Vectra C part is identical and easily available on Ebay and local shops in the UK. I fitted it myself it was a bit tricky but managed after a while. The trick to getting it in is to have the clutch pedal fully depressed and then the new part snaps in. It not possible to put it in without the clutch pedal being pressed. If you are going to do it yourself have someone stand outside and press the clutch with their left foot and you be ready with your head on the floor looking up and with both free hands it should be easy to fit. Here is a how to and part number 93183937 except the part came assembled for me.

http://www.fueltopia.co.uk/profiles/blogs/guide-how-2-fix-cruise

Had same problem with my Croma 150 bhp it was the brake pedal switch had it changed all ok now

Back