Technical cracking (noise) issue with Apex kit

Currently reading:
Technical cracking (noise) issue with Apex kit

vatza

Hey, Apex susp. kit bought from a mate here and mounted like a month ago. From day one the suspension was releasing some cracking sounds, mostly when going over/down speed bump, or turning. Have checked everything possible - arms, CV joints, ball joints, bushed, ARB, and etc. Nothing worth noticeable there, everything seems right.
But, noted while removing my old coils (unknown performance ones) that they were fitted with rubber isolation on every top and low turn from the start. This prevents them from loosening and turning round mainly ? Apex kit doesn't have ones, that should be suspicious ?

Vladimir

You need to reuse the rubber seats in the front struts, that's your problem. Refit them, also make sure the springs are seated correctly within them.

I had a problem a while back where one of the front springs wasn't seated properly in the rubber cup at the top and the steering juddered/cracked when turning.

Top mounts are also new, so I would suspect also the problem consists of these rubber mounts and coil moving. I'll check them, and also prepare some sleeve mounts to be sure, as proposed. Thanks !

Back