General Coupe 20v turbo tyre pressures??

Currently reading:
General Coupe 20v turbo tyre pressures??

PaulHGT

Hi Everyone,

Does anyone know the correct tyre pressures for standard 20v turbo wheels? At present the pressures are 32 front and 30 back.. in the handbook it states 40 psi front 32 psi rear.. will this help the performance? cheers

Pressure for fronts are 39psi and rears 32psi which i find ok. But i think the front moves too much with 39psi, and iam about to experiment a bit with the pressures. It also depends on the tyres you use. Z rated tend to like a bit more pressure i find. Iam on Falkens which don't really mind being at 39psi. Its all about experimenting with tyre pressures, and trying the car over the same bends with similar weather. I will try 36psi first and see what that does. Remember to try tyres cold and hot as the pressure will rise with heat.

Andy.:)

39psi front 32psi rear is what the handbook states.
As pinin says, many owners feel that front is better with less. However, on the pre-crash FCCUK forum, I remember someone approached several tyre companies and asked them what they would recommend, and the consensus was that 39 was right for the front, because of the high max speed. If the tyre only had to go to 120mph, then a lower psi would be better for handling, but in order to be suitable for 155mph, 39 psi was needed.
H

Back