General convert headlights for europe

Currently reading:
General convert headlights for europe

thirsk

I'm taking my Grande Punto to Europe from the UK. Can you get anything that will convert the headlights /headlamps to amke them suitable for left hand drive?

Go to Halfords or a good auto store they sell adhesive stickers to go on headlights to change the beam direction or Halfords may do a kit for traveling in europe as they require you by law to carry items such as spare bulbs & firstaid kits among other things.

Last time I went to france I used the Halford beam convertors, just the little round tear off piece. They were crap and basically didnt do much at all but it makes it all legal so thats all you need to do. Take your High Viz jacket though, like it helps but again a stupid law we must obey!

Believe me when you break down (and lose your lights) on a completely dark motorway at 2 in the morning you will be glad to have at least something that gives you half a chance of being seen as you make your way out your car and over the barrier (y)

But wouldnt most people just put in the boot anyway, so you would still be out of the car without it?

Last time I went to france I used the Halford beam convertors, just the little round tear off piece. They were crap and basically didnt do much at all but it makes it all legal so thats all you need to do. Take your High Viz jacket though, like it helps but again a stupid law we must obey!

Also, you must have one high viz for each passenger in most european countries!

They have the power in france of an on the spot fine if they search the car and there are not enough!

Last edited:
Go to Halfords or a good auto store they sell adhesive stickers to go on headlights to change the beam direction or Halfords may do a kit for traveling in europe as they require you by law to carry items such as spare bulbs & firstaid kits among other things.

i thought if you went to france if the police pull you over for a duff bulb you have to be able to change it as well:confused:

Back