Components

Currently reading:
Components

punto_jr_sx75 said:
Better description of what i should've said but didnt :p In summary, the first concern for good sound is tweeter direction and power, then the mid-range - if directed where most likely to be heard, its a small plus, but not amazingly important then the bass which may as well be aimed anywhere that looks good or suits? Is that a summary of what you mean?

Pretty much, yeah, though some will argue that the mid is still quite important :)

I wouldnt argue it (y) , But i would just say that the mid needs to be of a decent sound quality and loudness as to be at least equal the bass and treble so that it is not drowned out by either, although it is controllable, you cannot get full potential out of a set-up if there is too much of either treble or bass and not enough mid - agreed?

punto_jr_sx75 said:
I wouldnt argue it (y) , But i would just say that the mid needs to be of a decent sound quality and loudness as to be at least equal the bass and treble so that it is not drowned out by either, although it is controllable, you cannot get full potential out of a set-up if there is too much of either treble or bass and not enough mid - agreed?

Of course, it has to be balanced to what the individual wants from their system. You want the bass, treble and mid to compliment each other :)

Thanks everyone for ur replies some conflicts and opinions i should consider. H2dae were u serious about me pm u if i have a prob what about a weekend of traveling to see u or summat when i buy the components and need help in wiring them up?

Dont buy the Alpine speakers. They make cracking headunits ok amps but there rest of there stuff meh. Theres better for the money.

Personally id go with something like these.

http://caraudiosecurity.com/shop/product/products_id/3966.html

Just the alpine speakers arent great. And its not all about RMS output its the way the sound comes across that you want right and the rainbows are probably the best in that budget. And in most budgets to be honest. Afterall they do go all the way up to £6500 for a set of components.

wozza said:
Dont buy the Alpine speakers. They make cracking headunits ok amps but there rest of there stuff meh. Theres better for the money.

Personally id go with something like these.

http://caraudiosecurity.com/shop/product/products_id/3966.html

Just the alpine speakers arent great. And its not all about RMS output its the way the sound comes across that you want right and the rainbows are probably the best in that budget. And in most budgets to be honest. Afterall they do go all the way up to £6500 for a set of components.

Rainbows are good, as are Genesis :D
I'd also be inclined to give the MB Quarts a shot - I've not heard anything bad about them (y)
There's also JBLs in your price range. At the budget end of the speaker scale, JBLs are widely regarded as excellent speakers for the money. I wonder if this applies for their higher end stuff too.........:chin:

H2DaE said:
Well I could probably do that if you wanted, bit of a mission from Leeds though :)

And Wozza, my Alpine comps are awesome, about as far from "meh" as you can get ;)

Ok we wil see, i am awaing my sideskirts to arrive first so they can be painted thats bout £120 to be painted and fitted near me, then we wil see what its like, but we could video conference or somethin :rolleyes:

punto_jr_sx75 said:
Or post on forum so users that have the same problem in the future can read and get the help they need, and that way you get a wider variety of answers. too (y)

Just an idea :confused:

Yeah, other people's experiences would be welcomed by others (y)

H2DaE said:
Well I could probably do that if you wanted, bit of a mission from Leeds though :)

And Wozza, my Alpine comps are awesome, about as far from "meh" as you can get ;)

There alright but listen to other makes and you might change your mind.

punto_jr_sx75 said:
Or post on forum so users that have the same problem in the future can read and get the help they need, and that way you get a wider variety of answers. too (y)

Just an idea :confused:

I have a guide in the guides section ;) I will be making Pt2 soon, but I haven't drilled my doors so that will be coming when I get my new Punto (y)

Back