Technical ComfortMatic Gearbox

Currently reading:
Technical ComfortMatic Gearbox

JK04

I bought my 6.4m Carthago Malibu conversion new in 2016. It has now covered 84,000 miles. It will not select any gears to move and displays a fault message to that effect.
I am hoping just the Clutch is broken and that I don’t have to pay for the ComfortMatic ‘Robotic Box’ that shifts the Gears.
If I had known in 2016 when I bought it that ComfortMatic was not really a proper auto with a Torque Converter, I would’ve just chosen a manual gearbox. Does anybody know of a Garage company that converts the ComfortMatic into an ordinary Manual with a Clutch? I think it is the same Gearbox used in either. Thanks.

I bought my 6.4m Carthago Malibu conversion new in 2016. It has now covered 84,000 miles. It will not select any gears to move and displays a fault message to that effect.
I am hoping just the Clutch is broken and that I don’t have to pay for the ComfortMatic ‘Robotic Box’ that shifts the Gears.
If I had known in 2016 when I bought it that ComfortMatic was not really a proper auto with a Torque Converter, I would’ve just chosen a manual gearbox. Does anybody know of a Garage company that converts the ComfortMatic into an ordinary Manual with a Clutch? I think it is the same Gearbox used in either. Thanks.
Perhaps a copy of MultiECUScan could show a problem.

I've attached a csv file, it may be better to open it as a tab separated file not comma separated. This is taken from my van, with MES, this week after a service, which included the bite point setting. If you had MES you may be able to compare results.

Have you read this post? https://www.fiatforum.com/threads/ducato-comfortmatic-and-or-canbus-issues.489594/

Attachments

• Gearbox23-10-04.csv
    660 bytes · Views: 57
Last edited:
Perhaps a copy of MultiECUScan could show a problem.

I've attached a csv file, it may be better to open it as a tab separated file not comma separated. This is taken from my van, with MES, this week after a service, which included the bite point setting. If you had MES you may be able to compare results.

Have you read this post? https://www.fiatforum.com/threads/ducato-comfortmatic-and-or-canbus-issues.489594/
Hi,
Thanks for this info and taking an interest. I’m not trying to fix it myself. I do not have the space and facilities to do so. It is going to an Iveco/FIAT Pro dealer on a truck soon.
However, I would be interested to know a type/brand of affordable (£2-300) OBD Scanner I could purchase for diagnosis in future. I know some garages have them costing £thousands but I’m not needing one of those. Thank you. JK04

Hi,
Thanks for this info and taking an interest. I’m not trying to fix it myself. I do not have the space and facilities to do so. It is going to an Iveco/FIAT Pro dealer on a truck soon.
However, I would be interested to know a type/brand of affordable (£2-300) OBD Scanner I could purchase for diagnosis in future. I know some garages have them costing £thousands but I’m not needing one of those. Thank you. JK04
If you have a Windoze laptop buy yourself a copy of MultiECUScan (MES) from gendan.co.uk , it's less than £150 with all the leads and software licence.

If you get further problems there are a few here who can help analyse your problem if you have MES.

Back