color code confusion?!?!

Currently reading:
color code confusion?!?!

samjac68

Throttle happy...
copied this from my project thread as im still confused lol-

im wondering if anyone could help me as im really confused about getting color matched paint for the bumpers...

in my tailgate ive got a sticker which says color - rosso and code 113/f (i think, i know its 113 for definate)

i went to an autofactors and had a look, in the carplan one it said i need 'red-19' but they didnt have it in stock, it says the color code in the book is 113, but says 'racing red 113' as color?

the other paint (double concentrate, it sprays like ****e and i hate it) it had 3x 113/f, which were all sorts of names like 'rosso special, rosso racing' but the color 'rosso' itself was code 105???

went to halfrauds and they didnt have anything even close, one red fiat one which was 'racing red' which im sure isnt the one, looks the same color as the bumpers are now?

im really confused but dont wanna take a guess as i want a perfect match, ideally want to use carplan paint as it sprays nicely(y)

and to add to the confusion heres a can on ebay which is 113 (but imo looks the same color)-
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/AEROSOL-SPRAY...14&_trkparms=72:1301|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1318

now this looks like a match but why does the sticker in the tailgate say 'rosso' if its racing red, and why is 'rosso' in the catalogue 105? i know i wont get a 100% match due to the fading etc but still... and it looks the same but my paint code says 113/f?

also im wondering, there was a list of paint codes in a faq or guide and i cant find them again to save my life, anyone know where they are?

cheers all
sam

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
if you like to have good colour match for red, don't buy already mixed spray can, that you can't check before you buy, try go back halford, ask them to mix the colour from your colour code, and check the colour with your car, and ask them put in spray can for you, that way, you will know that will be the right colour. halford can mix any car colour, as long as you have the colour code for them, so it is easy to check the colour, before they put in spray can for you.

Back