Tuning Coilovers

Currently reading:
Tuning Coilovers

Hey

Just wondering for those of you on coilovers, which ones you are using and how you'd rate them for ride, handling, VFM, etc. Would you say adjustable damping is worthwhile? Also, how low is your car, as I want mines as low as possible, so will need ones that wind far down.

Finally, does anyone know if the hubs and bolts used on the Bravo are the exact same as those on the Stilo? I believe they are, but would rather have a definite yes/no before I buy adapters.

Cheers (y)

Holy double post Batman!

Thought I'd update this for anyone interested, fitted a set of FK Highsports today, full kit with shocks too, and it's got to be said that the kit is the same ridewise as standard, and a HELL of a lot better than the Eibach Sportlines/SPAX SSX's I had on before with standard shocks.

The new kit is able to lower about 90mm front, but only around 50mm rear (will post pics up of the lowness of the rears tomorrow. However, for anyone in the market for coilovers, these come highly recommended!

The new clearance of the front wheels. Will get better pics when I'm not so tired lol. Once the new wheels are on, I will get better pics, I have a friend who's into photography, and once it's all settled in it will be going lower :3

Car needs a proper good wash also :L

Car washed, more pics.

Woo, clearance!

My wheels gone into hiding!
God it's obvious how much the wheels tuck by when you're lowered (n) Can't wait to get the new wheels on :)

Lookin good man, but those steel wheels are in some state haha!

Yeah, the gap that forms from the wheelarch to the edge of the tyre is huge when lowered, I had to use spacers on the white bravo. Wider alloys is a better option though.

Yeah, they have a lovely layer of rust covering them, and I really really cba fighting with it haha.

Sad note though, when the springs were getting fitted, we needed to put blocks underneath the wheels to get it off the ramps. We forgot the handbrake wasn't on so it rolled back getting jammed on the ramp. I thought I'd got away with it, but there is now a horrid dent and scratch in the sill =/ gonna have to get a touch up kit asap to stop any rusting

How long until the inevitable "Sump ripped off by speed bump" thread? :(

Looking good though! I always thought it was low enough anyway - I'd got stuck on speed bumps before.

Cheers! But yeah, I am driving VERY carefully at the moment. I sorta know where all the big speed bumps and potholes are so dodging them all! It's a pottering-around-Dundee car at the moment so there will be no unexpected speed bumps in the way!

Dare I ask what the ride is like? Not that you buy a set like that for added comfort or anything...:p

You seem to have done a pretty hardcore job there:slayer:

Last edited:
Dare I ask what the ride is like? No that you buy a set like that for added comfort or anything...:p

You seem to have done a pretty hardcore job there:slayer:

The ride is spot on, I genuinely wouldn't call it much worse than standard, and much better than the SPAX SSX and Eibach Sportlines I had on. I don't know how much of that is down to the uprated shocks, but anyone looking to lower could do a lot worse than this, and just not wind them down.

Back