Technical Code Immobiliser

Currently reading:
Technical Code Immobiliser

Hi,

got an interesting problem with my Marea. Have just spent all day yesterday replacing the heater matrix and all moprning putting the thing back together. Part of this proceedure required disconnecting the battery. Went to start it up just now and the CODE light won't go out.

Took the steering column shroud off and checked the antenna and its connections back to the CODE ECU which all seem fine. The CODE ECU's loom seems to then go straight through the firewall to the engine compartment in a grommet above the steering column.

What I'm wondering is - could disconnecting the battery make the ECU forget about the keys? Oh, oh and to add to my woes I don't have a red key.

When I built the Cinq I got the Punto 16v ECU de-coded by a company in Sheffield who used have www.codeman.org as their website. Does anyone know where they've gone?

Thanks,

blue key codes can be lost, it usually happens during a voltage spike. since you dont have a red key you're a bit stuck. codeman are still availalbe, but FF user reddy4bed (tony) can do the same thing for less money so send him a PM.

Check the simlpest things first, wiring, connections, fuses/fuseholder, relay connections and disintegrated wiring around the relay box area. You are bound to find the fault there.

Back