General Cleaning rear window before polishing

Currently reading:
General Cleaning rear window before polishing

Can anyone give me an advice on how to clean the rear window before I polish it? I want to get rid of some of the stuff I tried to get in clear with. Im afraid to use too strong stuff and damage the vinyl.

After that Im going to try Autoglyms super resin polish, that someone recommended here.
Thanks
/Jorgen

Hi there,

I found some stuff made by a UK company called GREYGATE. It's about £10 for a small bottle and I found it on the MG club website. It's extremely efficient and saved me having to replace the rear window on my B. I think you can also get it on Ebay. It's excellent stuf. Good luck.

Hi Doblo. Ive been looking for something to clear up a very sun damaged rear screen can't take pics now as car is in for a respray...

Have checked on flea bay snd have come up with several products....

Mainly the polish in a bottle for the price you mentioned ot a paste abrasive No5.

Just curious which one U used and how bad your screen was?

Many thanks

Wayne

Hi there,

I found some stuff made by a UK company called GREYGATE. It's about £10 for a small bottle and I found it on the MG club website. It's extremely efficient and saved me having to replace the rear window on my B. I think you can also get it on Ebay. It's excellent stuf. Good luck.

My rear screen was all milky and impossible to see thru. All I did was to give it a nice wash with plain water and soap, and then polish it with Autoglyms super resin polish. This was a true miracle treatment! The rear screen looks perfect, and after heating it with a hair dryer I eliminated a few folds and wrinkles as well...

Back