Stilo Ciao everyone - one question

Currently reading:
Stilo Ciao everyone - one question

MaxRed

Hello,
i just joined the Fiat forum and i'd like to thank you for accepting me.
Am the lucky owner of 4 Fiat namely a Fiat 500, a Fiat Panda, a Fiat Scudo and last but not least a Fiat Stilo 1.8 16 V - 2002
Now i have a question : Fiat Stilo camshafts are completely worn out but quite expensive to replace. Have been thinking of changing the entire motor.
The new motor must it be re-programmed? Do the Fiat code has something to deal with the start of a new motor?
Thanks again and look forward to many friends in the forum....:D:D:D

PS am a DIY elver so hope to be of help with my other models....

Welcome to FF.

Nothing will need reprogramming if you change the engine no, so long as you use the cars original ECU, key etc.
Thanks Blue.
Do you mean the ECU that is now giving me all motor and airbag fault messages will work on the new engine?

The engine and airbag faults are just a fault with the airbag which you can solve pretty simple.
You only need the engine , just see whats cheaper. A engine or a complete car.... ;)

i believe changing this one turns cheaper than buying a new car.....:D:D:D:D

Attachments

• 20210123_081440.jpg
    20210123_081440.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 36
this is the one i bought last week.....

Attachments

• IMG-20210114-WA0002.jpg
    IMG-20210114-WA0002.jpg
    171.6 KB · Views: 33
little problem with the trans and clutch....hopefully solved next week..will keep you posted...

Attachments

• 20210123_111614.jpg
    20210123_111614.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 29
yes, the ecu is matched to the immobiliser and key etc, not the engine.

airbag faults come from a different control box not the engine ecu.
Hi blu,
have successfully changed the motor but still getting stop motor and airbag fault messages. How can i erase ?

The engine and airbag faults are just a fault with the airbag which you can solve pretty simple.
You only need the engine , just see whats cheaper. A engine or a complete car.... ;)
How do i solve the messages pretty simple ? the harder work has been done

disconnecting the battery will clear any stored codes, if the light is still on after there's still a fault somewhere - or if your really lucky just a low battery or poor earth connection somewhere.

Try giving the battery a good overnight charge up, if the light comes back on check all your connections and earths are good. Failing that you are gonna have to get the cables and stuff to read the codes if you dont have them already - with number of fiats you have you should defo get some Diagnostic cables and a copy of MultiEcuScan!!

Thanks Blu,
indeed i connected OBD and erased all faults but they kept coming back. Have disconnected some plugs under the passenger seat and the battery that was poorly charged and now have only got one message for the plates lights which i have ordered new.
Once again thanks for your pro advice:):):):)

Back