500 Checking In

Currently reading:
500 Checking In

London

Another newbie checking in to this forum.

I pick up my new 500 TA Dual Logic Lounge on Friday. I shall be using it almost exclusively as a London runaround as in addition to it not attracting any road tax, it is exempt from the congestion charge. Furthermore, the tax incentives for a company purchase makes it an ideal choice for me. I've kept the spec. as low as possible. The only option is the auto box which I felt a sensible choice for town driving.

I own a couple of other cars. One, a 2005 Maserati 4200 Cambiocorsa, which I've been using as a daily driver for the last couple of years. The other, a Hawk Lancia Stratos stradale replica, fitted with a three litre Alfa V6, which is my pride and joy.

The costs of running the 4200 as a daily were becoming ridiculous. Hence my decision to buy the 500TA.

I've already picked up loads of useful information about these cars from this forum and acted upon it too. For example, I've decided to get some Conti. shod steelies for winter driving after reading the 'winter tyre' thread.

I look forward to posting and reading plenty more in the future.

:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Another newbie checking in to this forum.

I pick up my new 500 TA Dual Logic Lounge on Friday. I shall be using it almost exclusively as a London runaround as in addition to it not attracting any road tax, it is exempt from the congestion charge. Furthermore, the tax incentives for a company purchase makes it an ideal choice for me. I've kept the spec. as low as possible. The only option is the auto box which I felt a sensible choice for town driving.

I own a couple of other cars. One, a 2005 Maserati 4200 Cambiocorsa, which I've been using as a daily driver for the last couple of years. The other, a Hawk Lancia Stratos stradale replica, fitted with a three litre Alfa V6, which is my pride and joy.

The costs of running the 4200 as a daily were becoming ridiculous. Hence my decision to buy the 500TA.

I've already picked up loads of useful information about these cars from this forum and acted upon it too. For example, I've decided to get some Conti. shod steelies for winter driving after reading the 'winter tyre' thread.

I look forward to posting and reading plenty more in the future.

:)

Welcome aboard London. (y)
Quite a few have chosen a TA as a daily drive to cut costs. That Lancia sounds quite nice.

Back