Technical Changing from 15" to 16" Wheels

Currently reading:
Technical Changing from 15" to 16" Wheels

Alwaysared

I have a Hymer coachbuilt motorhome based on a 2006 Ducato X244 that has currently got 15" wheels on with 215/70 R 15C tyres on and I would like to upgrade my wheels for some nice 16" alloys and I was wondering if anyone can advise me on the best size tyres? The most common seems to 225/75 R 16 but if I want to keep my rolling radius the same I've been told that I need 215/ 65 16 (or maybe 225) otherwise my speedo will be out (it's already out compared to a the GPS on my satnav) and that the ABS light will come on! Could this be true? I could stick to 15" but in order to have a better load rating I would need 225 not 215 tyres which I'm unsure will fit due to the extra width. Any help and insight would be very much appreciated, especially if you've upgrade yours from 15" to 16" or 215 to 225

Regards,
Del

Ducatto factory wheels have different wheel stud sizes between 15 inch wheels and 16 inch wheels. Be careful if fitting alloy wheels to make sure the stud holes are the correct size for your studs.

You would be far better off spending money getting the under side of the vehicle checked for corrosion and other faults and rectifying those , especially corrosion . Then get the underside treated to prevent any further corrosion - using something clear so any problems down the line can be spotted early, lanoguard ?

Plus check the cambelt/water pump etc isn't over due changing on time if not mileage.

Ducatto factory wheels have different wheel stud sizes between 15 inch wheels and 16 inch wheels. Be careful if fitting alloy wheels to make sure the stud holes are the correct size for your studs.

You would be far better off spending money getting the under side of the vehicle checked for corrosion and other faults and rectifying those , especially corrosion . Then get the underside treated to prevent any further corrosion - using something clear so any problems down the line can be spotted early, lanoguard ?

Plus check the cambelt/water pump etc isn't over due changing on time if not mileage.
All that's already been taken care of cheers. My wheels are 5x118 PCD but some are 5x130 PCD (Maxi chassis I believe).

Regards,
Del

I agree 215 65 16 closest match to your current tyres

Back