Technical central locking

Currently reading:
Technical central locking

JButterworth

Hi. I have a Fiat Ducato 40 maxi xlb (2012) which was an ambulance until I converted it to a camper in 2020. The central locking worked after the conversion but is now not working on any of the doors. The key locks the drivers door and sliding door but no others. I have had a 'new' key re=programmed but is now not doing anything even though the battery if ok.
Any advice, suggestions or possible solutions would be gratefully received.

Hello,

on the x250 the key and the keyfob have to be programmed independently.

There are 2 separate functions in the MultiEcuScan.

What do you mean by

The key locks the drivers door and sliding door but no others.

If it works that way when you physically turn the key in the lock, it means that the passenger door and the back doors are not getting the signal from the module (probably body).

Hi. I have a Fiat Ducato 40 maxi xlb (2012) which was an ambulance until I converted it to a camper in 2020. The central locking worked after the conversion but is now not working on any of the doors. The key locks the drivers door and sliding door but no others. I have had a 'new' key re=programmed but is now not doing anything even though the battery if ok.
Any advice, suggestions or possible solutions would be gratefully received.
I am sorry but I the above post self contradictory. I assuming that the locking is similar to that proposed for the x250 model.
There is no mention of rear doors, which I would expect an ambulance to have.

On the x250 the central locking has a discrete controller, of which there are 4 different versions, dependant on door and deadlock options. The sliding door apparently shares a controller output with the rear door, and is connected via spring loaded sliding contacts, which have been reported as a source of problems. I believe that some owners have resorted to adding a pad or pack behind the contact board.

This leaves the locking for the LH cab door, which has a discrete output from the controller.

Faults could lie with the controller, the wiring, or the lock motors. Further investigation may be required.

Details of the x250 installation may be found on page 144 et.seq. of the x250 Training Manual (longer of two files), which is available via the "Downloads" button at the top of the page.

Hello,

on the x250 the key and the keyfob have to be programmed independently.

There are 2 separate functions in the MultiEcuScan.

What do you mean by

If it works that way when you physically turn the key in the lock, it means that the passenger door and the back doors are not getting the signal from the module (probably body).
hi. thanks for taking the time to reply. yes the key locks the drivers door and the sliding do when I physically turn it in the drivers door lock but does not lock the passenger door and the rear doors. the electronic signal, if there is one, does not lock anything. no lock mechanism sounds on that either.
is there a 'body' module that receives the signal and if there is can this be replaced?

I am sorry but I the above post self contradictory. I assuming that the locking is similar to that proposed for the x250 model.
There is no mention of rear doors, which I would expect an ambulance to have.

On the x250 the central locking has a discrete controller, of which there are 4 different versions, dependant on door and deadlock options. The sliding door apparently shares a controller output with the rear door, and is connected via spring loaded sliding contacts, which have been reported as a source of problems. I believe that some owners have resorted to adding a pad or pack behind the contact board.

This leaves the locking for the LH cab door, which has a discrete output from the controller.

Faults could lie with the controller, the wiring, or the lock motors. Further investigation may be required.

Details of the x250 installation may be found on page 144 et.seq. of the x250 Training Manual (longer of two files), which is available via the "Downloads" button at the top of the page.
many thanks and yes it does have rear doors. I will look at the manual.

Back