Technical Car misfiring when trying to accelerate (1.6)

Currently reading:
Technical Car misfiring when trying to accelerate (1.6)

Razon

The car usually runs fine when lightly applying the pedal, but as soon as a try to accelerate to pass a car or something the car starts to misfire really bad, the engine light comes on with P0203 injector circuit problems. Tried replacing the injectors, it didn't help, mechanics have no idea what's causing it, they think it's the ECU.

What should I try next?

Finally fixed!

Although my problem seemed to be with the third cylinder (p0203) and sometimes with the first one (p0201), it was actually with the ignition coil on the fourth...I found out when it finally broke down some days ago and the car was running on 3 cylinders. I replaced it with a new one and the engine runs great now.
The funny thing is that when I was trying to find out what was wrong I did replaced the ignition coil sequentially on all cylinders except the fouth one... :(

So to summarize, it seems that a faulty ignition coil on the, let's say, A cylinder could generate faults on the B,C,D and not exclusively on the A one...

Last edited:
Glad you sorted it OP. If you can afford it, I'd recommend replacing all four coils. It's likely the others will be on the way out and you'll really appreciate a smoother, stronger engine...

Glad you sorted it OP. If you can afford it, I'd recommend replacing all four coils. It's likely the others will be on the way out and you'll really appreciate a smoother, stronger engine...

Agreed, i changed mine, did it in pairs over a month as was strapped for cash, it ran much much smoother :)

Back