Can Key fob boot release be disabled?

Currently reading:
Can Key fob boot release be disabled?

KathyJM

I have a 500, but I imagine that the key fob is used on many models.

I am forever accidentally tripping the boot release, particularly when getting in or out of the car with the key fob in may hand. It is possible to disable the button on the fob?

:yeahthat: or if there is a manual key hole in the tailgate then disconnect the electronic release on the catch, but you'll have to manually open with the key every time then.
There wasn't one on my Grande Punto or Bravo so doubt there is on the 500.

Maybe get some sort of textured sticker for the boot release button? That way you know not to press it because you will feel the sticker? Or are you accidentally knocking it without intending to press any button at all. I have to say in the 5 years worth of owning fiats I've never once knocked the boot open by accident other than if I physically press the wrong button whilst trying to press another.

There wasn't one on my Grande Punto or Bravo so doubt there is on the 500.

True although the Bravo and GP are the odd ones out in the Fiat range for not having a tailgate handle which the 500 does. So I'm going on the assumption it does as I know the Stilo which also has a tailgate handle does, but OP hasn't bothered replying so not sure.

True although the Bravo and GP are the odd ones out in the Fiat range for not having a tailgate handle which the 500 does. So I'm going on the assumption it does as I know the Stilo which also has a tailgate handle does, but OP hasn't bothered replying so not sure.
Stillo is older. Keyholes aren't trendy anymore though maybe you're right. I'm still not understanding OP's original post to be fair. Whether they're having trouble pressing the wrong key or if they are literally knocking the boot button by accident.

Back