Cadillac BLS

Currently reading:
Cadillac BLS

raton_laveur

Established member
:p

Anyone on here heard of the new Cadillac BLS? I'm not sure if it will be offered as RHD, but it's being sold on the continent.

Well, first off, it's really an Opel Vectra underneath. The same platform is also shared with Saab, Saturn, and Chevrolet, and probably some other GM nameplates. Calling it a Caddy is stretching it a little...

There is a diesel version available. This has the...wait for it...FIAT 1.9 MJTD 150 HP engine under the bonnet/hood!!!

Hahahahahaha, a Caddilac with a Fiat engine, who would have ever thought of such a thing??? But wait a moment, just who is the joke on with this, anyway? I don't think it is on FIAT, is it? The 1.9 MJTD is about the best small diesel out there from any manufacturer. If anything, the FIAT name was downgraded by putting one of it's best engines into an American GM car. The car is of course sold in the USA, but not with a diesel engine, at least for the moment. The last GM diesel cars in the USA were back in the 80's. They were so unreliable that GM suffered a long term sales decline. They were stupid enough to take a 5.7 petrol engine and turn it into a diesel. Needless to say, it wasn't up to the task and there were many failures.

Anyway, I just thought some of you might be interested in another make equipped with FIAT diesel engines.

I think it will be/is available in the UK with RHD - I also thought that the the fiat MJTD was a GM unit from the time of the GM FIAT almost merger thing that should never ever be spoken of.

Alex said:
I think it will be/is available in the UK with RHD - I also thought that the the fiat MJTD was a GM unit from the time of the GM FIAT almost merger thing that should never ever be spoken of.

think that is the 1.3 mjtd and fiat gave them the rights to is as a sorry iirc.

The 1.9 JTD was around before the GM merger or partnership. The 1.3 JTD is much newer and was developed with GM. My girlfirend has one of these in her new Meriva. I tried to get her interested in an Idea (I have one), but she's an Opel diehard. At least she got a Fiat engine.

Back