Punto (Mk1) Cabrio

Currently reading:
Punto (Mk1) Cabrio

Punto1cab

New arrival at this site. S reg Punto Cabrio owned since new. Great car average 3000miles a year! Everything works except the remote locking fob (working on that!)

:wave: welcome to the party.. I know its fashionable to be a little bit late but this late is shocking :D :nerner:

Which remote has it got, is it integral with the key? like a small round button on the edge of the key?
Late reply! No it is a separate FIAT fob...the car was a bit unusual! Sold as an 85 ELX (new with full warranty , no miles etc from a FIAT dealer, but through a broker - remember them?) & it came without side skirts, hood cover, remote central locking & alarm - & no ELX badges! After a bit of hassle FIAT agreed to retrofit FOC by the local main dealer everything that was missing (but we never did get any boot badges!) I think the c/l & alarm were Marea!
This was Sept 1998, whether it was a sort of cut price version (hire car special?) or built on a Sunday I never found out, but we ended up with what we paid for & have never regretted buying it.
D

have you opened up the fob at all - i've had a few older fiat remotes fail on my and generally its ust been something coming loose on little circuit board which with some careful soldering can be repaired. Hard to say without having had it apart in front of me though. But usually they fail cause the button inside is broken or come detached fromt eh board.

Back