Styling Bumper strip - MK2 Turbo (ish)

Currently reading:
Styling Bumper strip - MK2 Turbo (ish)

wi11

Uno no longer with us!
I know the bumpers on my MK2 front and back are incredably similar to the turbo ones can anyone tell me they are the same?

What i want to do is 'fit' the body coloured stripe (red) which seems to sit in the recessed grove in the bumper.

My plan is to get some red pipeing (like elec cable) and glueing this in does any one have a better idea or has anyone done this?

PS. Not looking forward to replacing my speedo cable any words of wisdom?

the rear bumper is exactly the same excetp the stripe and also some corner mudflap things which are just bolted on. as for getting hold of the stripe, its going to be very very hard to get OE stripe now (i do have both front and rear stripes, spare ones, just sat in my shed, but i aint selling em lol).

as for the front bumper, u will find that its different down towards the bottom on the bumper. the UT bumper has a lower spoiler thing build in which makes the bumper look deeper at the front. best bet is get a set of UT bumpers off ebay and i know theres some on there now! so be quick!

Dunc

Hmm . . . Thanks Dunc i will keep an eye on ebay!

Anyone else got any ideas?

Stick-on pinstriping (sold at car accessory shops) can work under the right circumstances... but other times the bumper texture makes it difficult. I think the Mk2 bumpers are smoother than the Mk1's.

It's surprising how durable that pinstriping is, and a single stripe is pretty cheap, available in all sorts of bright colours and silver...

-Alex

The stripe is still avaiabe new from FIAT. The stripe uses clips that fit through the bumper. This is the difference in the bumper, the turbo has slots for the clips.

Back