Technical Bulbs

Currently reading:
Technical Bulbs

Hi all,

Replaced Drivers side headlight about 2 months ago, and the same bulb has blown again.

Just checking whether you think this is purely coincidence or whether they could be a reason for this? Cheers.

Also; if someone could recommend me some LEGAL bulbs that put out great light at night that would be great. Roads were I drive are pitch black.

Mine seem to go with regular freqency and normally within a week or two of each other.
I have had the same rear light blub in the tailgate go twice now but no other blub has been replaced other than the 2 rear indicators due to the orange colour breaking down. Never even replaced the sidelight bulbs in the headlights either.

I currently use ring xenon max and they haven't really impressed me. Philips xtreme +80 is still my pick of the bunch although they didn't last very long. Nightbreakers lifespan aint that great either. Philips do a xtreme +100 bulb now though... :cool:

I'd recommend Ring Xneon max, I've used osram nightbreakers before but they haven't the best of life spans.

The Rings are the ones that have jst blown after 2 months. Was gong to go with Osram Nightbreakers but think Iwill give them a miss now. I want a bulb that churns out some pristine white light.

The Rings are the ones that have jst blown after 2 months. Was gong to go with Osram Nightbreakers but think Iwill give them a miss now. I want a bulb that churns out some pristine white light.

Interesting your rings have one after 2 months. Perhaps they're all crap and it's luck of the draw with a decent batch? Lol.

I've went through egg-cartons of bulbs. Propably changed 6 bulbs each year, for the main light (can't recall the correct term). Then I got a new Varta battery, and I haven't changed a bulb for 2 years. (y)

So, voltage is cruiciual (did I type that correctly?).

M.

Standard H7 bulb has lifespan 350hrs. This is definitely too little when day usage is required. I use car everyday about 2hrs. So I changed standard H7 bulb every half a year. I have good experience with Philips Longer Life, it claims lifespan 1000hrs, after 1 year still working.

Back