Technical Brembo brakes from Grande Punto Abarth

Currently reading:
Technical Brembo brakes from Grande Punto Abarth

v17ayc

Hey,
Hope everyone is keeping well...

Wondering if anyone can help. I have Punto Abarth pre-facelift 2008 & also a 2014 pre-facelift 595 Turismo
The Punto is fitted with Brembo breaks & calipers front and rear.
Does anyone know whether they would be cross compatible on the 595. Both vehicles have 17" wheels.
Any help would be very much appreciated.
Thanks for looking. (y)

Hey,
Hope everyone is keeping well...

Wondering if anyone can help. I have Punto Abarth pre-facelift 2008 & also a 2014 pre-facelift 595 Turismo
The Punto is fitted with Brembo breaks & calipers front and rear.
Does anyone know whether they would be cross compatible on the 595. Both vehicles have 17" wheels.
Any help would be very much appreciated.
Thanks for looking. (y)

A Punto (1999-2007) has PCD 4x98, and a 58.1mm centre hole.
The Punto Evo (2009-2012) has PCD 4x100 and a 56.6mm centre hole.

Thank you for this...
Where did you find this information?
So I can check the details for the 595 Turismo.
Kind Regards

When you say brembo brakes do you mean 4 pot calipers?

Brembo make brakes for all sorts of things so to make this distinction I’m assuming you mean the posh big red multi piston calipers?

The rear calipers on your 595 are likely the same as the Punto and may well be brembo anyway, swapping the rears over would be unlikely to improve breaking performance. Brembo calipers can be ‘made to fit’ but then you’d need to match the appropriate discs, usually it’s better to get the brakes off another 595, the discs from the Punto would not be suitable for previously mentioned reasons the stud pattern differs between puntos and fiat 500’s

Hi there Similar Question
Can I put the Brembo Calipers from 2010 ABARTH Punto Evo onto the 2010 135HP Punto Evo Sporting Version ?
Would it match ?? Do I need separate Braking Hose/Line and Also should I have to change the Brake Booster ?

Back