breakdown cover?

Currently reading:
breakdown cover?

pot pot65

i pay my insurance monthly to fortis a part of swinton n i added breakdown cover to my policy (green flag i believe)

my car broke down last night at about half 10 last night about 5 miles from home on a dark country road. havin no idea about cars i called the 24 hour emergency number, no answer, tried again n i was just put on hold before my fone cut it off, even my dad tried from his home fone a couple of times and still no answer. as a last resort he come out to see if e cud help failin that just take me home.
luckily we discovered there was a very loose connection to te battery so it had gone flat which sorted quickly and jump started my car n got me home.
but im still not happy wit my cover, i dont pay nearly a tenner a month for then to not answer the fone and run up my fone bill!

do you thin i cud complain and get it cancelled? it comes out wit the same payment as my insurance so i cant just cancel the direct debit if they wont let me cancel.
who do you reckhon i should go wit for my breakdown cover

hi there , this clearly is not on. phone them, tell them the facts. you'll probably have to wright to them as well if you want to cancel. they may offer you a sweetener, but stand your ground, beef up the breakdown;)
just a wee note I'm with auto aid £39 all in per year...been told this is one of the better companies no hassle/haggling....only downside is you phone them they send breakdown, you pay then claim back. but ive heard good stories about them....best of luck(y)

You could also try Britannia Rescue.(y) I believe they were recommended by 'Which' following a comparative test. If you're already a member of certain Unions or belong to the Civil Service Motoring Association you'll get a discount on their cover too. Here's the linkwww.britanniarescue.com.

:)

R.A.C cover from £39 , iv got me,mrs joker,our two lads on 'family cover' costing £48 giving us 12 call outs in total or 3 each per year - worth every penny for the piece of mind.
Joker

I've been with Green Flag for about a year, not had any problems with them. £25 for their breakdown cover. Had to use them twice, both times in the early hours of the morning, when my Punto decided to die on me. I recon call them, and complain hardcore! Good luck, keep us posted!

Back