bravo worrys

Currently reading:
bravo worrys

L

lorna

hi there i am looking for advice on a problem that i have with my bravo 1.2,i changed the engine aand got caught out with the immoboliser,so i changed the ecu,keys locks and immob box, now the car starts but dies immediately,i have checked the fuel and that seems to be pumping through fine, i can hear the pump getting energised,i also have a buzzing from the stepper motor now,the only thing i havent done is reset the ecu by disconnecting the battery,do you think this would help arradicate the problem,any advice would be greatly appreciated, cheers lorna.

I dont think it would... It seems odd that it fires and then dies immediately. i'd recheck the fuel pumps...

Buzz
The champion of the Bravo 1.4 & now ex owner of a Bravo 1.8

when you had the engine changed did a garage do it?

personally i would check all of the earths are in place correctly first, as fireing then not running is similar to an issue i had with a 20v engine swap. missed one earth, while the engine was still or just fireing the earth was resting where it should be, but when the engine fired and moved, the earth was detached and the engine stalled

that would be where i start, checking all eaths and then the wireing to the engine, all the sensors etc

Andy

andysxtag.jpg

leathered.. Lenso alloys.. spax lowerd.. hlx spoiler.. custom dash.. ragazzon exhaust.. induction kit.. marea centre console.. marea door handles.. painted engine cover.. smoked side repeaters.. sounds.. punto gearbox (again lol).. supersprint manifold coming very very soon

THE GAUNTLETS BEEN THROWN DOWN... THE BATTLE OF THE 1.2'S IS ON :)

And then theres the alfa :);)