General Bravo JTD - your experiences

Currently reading:
General Bravo JTD - your experiences

yugo23

I have the offer to buy 2001 Bravo JTD, with about 120.000 kms. Is this too much, do I need to expect some bigger repairs because of this? How reliable is this engine after so many kms?

120,000km (75,000mls) is nothing on a diesel, especially a JTD. its will easily do double that milage without any major work required.

the JTD's are good engines, reliable, smooth, fuel efficient and they give good performance.

if its a JTD HLX then i'd defo want to buy it.

@Jug how much would you buy my mint JTD HLX for?

The JTD is a superb car, that mileage is very low for a diesel hardly run in. As mentioned above it is good on fuel economy, smooth and very fast if you want it to be. The only faults the JTD has is that its prone to eating up MAF sensors. They cost around £70 - £150. I have a JTD HLX and i love it, i've done so much work to the car and looked after it so much it drives like a new car everytime.

To be honest the JTD will eventually be the more expensive Bravo to buy/sell. HGTs cost less than JTDs.

Last edited:
give it 18 months and they'll be in my price range. ;)

my car only cost £750 so i cant justify spending more than double that on a JTD.

Last edited:
When I was looking for bravos at first I was considering the JTD, there were quite alot within my price range which at the time was about 800 quid lol, course not perfect but my plan was always to get something that needed work as it would be nothing to fix it :)

Back