BRAVO CHIPtuning

Currently reading:
BRAVO CHIPtuning

C

Csülök

Has anyone experiences with SUPERCHIPS' tuned chip? I'm interested in getting some additional power for my 1.6 SX. Any idea?

Thanx

Want a new chip to.

I have a Bravo sx 1.6 16v and i want to get a new chip for it, but i can't find a tuner i Denmark, so if you can help or if you know a companey who can help me i would be wery happy. I thing the Bravo is a nice car but not wery fast!!
Thanx

Superchipped for 3 years now

Csulok, I had my car chipped by superchips. Mine was the first bravo that they had attempted so I had to take it to the head office. Results were amazing. More power throughout the rev range and much more torque. She really flies now. I have juts had a KN57i kit installed and a supersprint exhaust. I have contacted superchips again and they recommend having the chip remapped. I will keep you updated. Well worth the money and the car is also better on fuel. Mine is a 1.8 Hlx but you will have same benefits with 1.6. Good luck
John

the difference

I've an HLX and I'm thinking about getting it chipped. Superchips reckon that a chip will add 8-10HP- is this much of a difference, it doesn't sound like it? Any thoughts anyone?

Chip cost?

Just out of interest... how much did chipping your HLX cost. Also... has it had an effect on your insurance premium? I have an HLX and am interested in chipping too.

Chips

Superchips reckon that the chip for a Bravo is £165. After calling one of their dealers the other day, the total cost for their time is about £220-230.

Chip Cost

£175.00 incl fitting. No effect on insurance premium. It is easy to change back to original chip, it literally plugs in.Power is worth every penny, saves fuel too as RPM is lower at motorway speeds. No more flat spots in 3rd gear.

john

No expert but...

What they probably mean is the 'Peak power' will be greater by 8-10 bhp. However, while that doesn't sound like a lot you'll also gain benefits all the way through the revs and may even be far nicer/fun to drive. A well produced chip will often make the throttle more responsive and some even improve fuel economy!

Chips pave the way for future modifications...

Would quite like to get mine done too

Hi John,

I have a 1.8 HLX and was thinking of getting an HGT but I'll get hammered on the insurance, so this might be an alternative.Where did you get yours done and does it have good results with speed and acceleration?

i don't know anything about this so you'll have to excuse the stupid questions.Does the age of the car matter (I have a P reg, my husband has an R reg - both 1.8's)?

Would be grateful for any info you can supply.

Regards

Nic