BRAVO 1.8GT

Currently reading:
BRAVO 1.8GT

J

john waters

I have bid £2350 for a 1998 R plate car.
Insurance broker says GT was not marketed in UK and suggests it is an Irish import.Reluctant to insure it,
Seller seems reluctant to dig out the documents so I smell a rat.
Can anyone advise if this car is iffy?
Is the car right price at 35k miles?
Reasonable condition Albeit some minor parking damage.

The GT was how the HLX was marketed in Europe so it is definitely an import but doesn't have to be from Ireland. The important thing is to check if it is UK spec - i.e. check everything with the UK spec and make sure there are 2 blue keys and a red key with the car. If it is, then most insurance companies don't have a problem and just insure it as a HLX.

£2350 is very cheap....probably too cheap. As a guide, we just picked up a mint R reg 1.8 HLX for £3650 and we thought we'd done well. How bad are the parking dents etc? I guess it's a private sale so for that price make sure you HPI check it and get an AA inspection or similar - this will cost you about £150 but they give you a good breakdown of any faults and if they miss anything they will pay for any work that is needed - u really do need to do this as a 'bad' bravo will cost you an arm and a leg to fix. You also want to try and get the seller to dig out the documents so that you can do a bit of research into the background of the car.