Technical Brake pedal sinking

Currently reading:
Technical Brake pedal sinking

v12nut

Hi all,
Just had the cam belt changed on the Marea 1.9 JTD105 Weekend estate, engine runs fine, but I have now developed a problem with the brakes, sitting at rest or traffic lights, foot on the pedal and it starts to sink to the floor:( next time I press the pedal it's fine! anyone any ideas? is it something that could have happened when the belt was changed?
regards
Tom

Hi,
I just checked it this morning:( it was totally empty! so how come the damn warning light did not come on:bang:
I have now refilled it but still no pressure at the pedal, will I need to bleed the system? can it be done by one person?
regards
Tom

They may have damaged a brake pipe while working on the car. Watch for where the fluid runs out then underneath with lead light. You can get an easibleed kit and do the brakes on your own.

Yea deff sounds like a leak somewhere, i would advise finding the problem ASAP as effectivly you have no or very reduced brakes, a warning light isnt a replacment for common scense, if something feels wrong with a system check it out. (not having a go)

Once you have replaced the damaged parts, could be:

flexis, front to rear break pipes etc, alot of length to go wrong.

Then you will need to bleed fully and even those one man operation kits are a 2 man job for speed and fullness, as how your ment to pump the brakes and check for bubbles at the same time i dont know. I guess you could just pump till they go hard, but you still need to check resevour etc.

Hi guy's, thanks for the pointers.
Turns out to be the front to rear pipe (drivers side) cracked!
Is it an easy DIY job??
regards
Tom

Back