General Born stupid!

Currently reading:
General Born stupid!

the mk1 kid

I left my inlet with a metal works company to have some welding done about a fortnight ago...

If you can picture the hole for the injector it has two different internal ID's, the top is larger than the bottom which is pretty narrow..

I wanted him to fill the top bore so i could have it re bored to the size of a mk2 injector right through and thus enlarging the smaller, lower section.

If you're familiar with mk1 inlets you'll know they have a cast inlet and that the casting is machined flat where the mk1 injector sits. Where they have machined it flat there is about a 1mm recess, you've guessed it he filled this in despite me telling him exactly what i wanted and why!

He had the cheek to ask for another inlet after it was given back to him for putting right and he found he was unable to get the nozzel in the whole to fill the cavity he had made!

All this was happening over the phone as the company is near my parents and miles from me but luckiy a friend has picked them up and has started to remove his weld so he can put it right!

I've drawn a pic for him this time! Numpty!!

my.php
[/URL][/IMG]

Well thats flippin tiny but its larger if you click on it - all will makes sense if it didn't the first time!

Tom

Last edited:
Back