General bits needed

Currently reading:
General bits needed

nay27uk

Need some bits for a mk1 999cc ok i need a locking petrol cap with key. a rear silencer, and a nearside headlight, two rear light covers. Anyone.
please also take a look at my thread here i need help urgent befor it gets dark https://www.fiatforum.com/showthread.php?t=47971

Last edited:
Have a look on e bay for the rear light lenses, I got my rear box from autoparts for £59 and fitted it myself, mine is a mK2 UNO so urs maybe cheaper.
The rear brake drums are notorious for not working correctly.
Do a search on this forum and you will find plenty of advice.
You need to prise off the drum with a large driver and hammer as they get stuck on tight as the drum forms a lip from wear.
Pete

thanks pete,

well i got that off have taken the brake to bits now its a case of tracking down the problem. Only thing is the last time i messed with braking i was 16 and on my yts im 30 now so lerning againe. you said
The rear brake drums are notorious for not working correctly
what is usualy the cause of it, it may help me in resolving it, i have noted that one of the pads are a bit ridgy dont know if they should be. I have been through ebay and ther is no rear lights or a nearside headlight, and guess what no zorst

If the rear drums are of the same design as on mine you will find a lever type bar on at the top of the shoes which becomes seized
If you strip the whole assembly down and use some lubricating/ penetrating fluid on all the components and agitate the lever until it is free this will help.
You may have to change the shoes , when I changed mine although they were not very low the new ones made a great difference.
Check the handbrake cable too and lubricate all the pulley wheels and spring tensioners.
Hopefully u have a haynes book for full reference.
A scrappy yard is the next place to go for your spare parts they always have a few unos around.
Like I said search the forum for handbrake as the info here is in great detail with diagrams too from other members who are more knowledgeable than me.
Good luck
Pete

Back