Birthday cakes

Currently reading:
Birthday cakes

My youngest son is 18 on 4th May and we are having a party on 6th May, hired a function room behind a pub, DJ etc, now trying to find a cake. I had no idea that they cost SO MUCH!!! I have seen anything from £87 to £250, and yes they were nice but its ONLY CAKE LOL.

Can anyone recommend a service or maybe a chain of shops that make cakes to order? Otherwise I may have to take a cake decorating course which would probably be cheaper!

Find a local place that will do it - a lot cheaper than say "Jane Ashers Party Cakes" (I used to do her accounts :eek: )

Tried looking on Yell to find local places?

What is the theme?

Find a local place that will do it - a lot cheaper than say "Jane Ashers Party Cakes" (I used to do her accounts :eek: )

Tried looking on Yell to find local places?

What is the theme?

The theme is black and white and he says he wants a vinyl record cake although he has never actually used one and doesnt know how they work LOL. The prices I was getting were local places, Ill just have to keep looking, at least I have a few weeks.

supermarkets do some nice cakes so i would get two or three plain cakes and stack them on top of each other,these would be for people to eat at the party,and these would probably cost about 30 quid maximum

Then you could buy a smaller vinyl record cake which would be cheaper i guess.

Or just get a plain cake and stick a vinyl record into it :D

My youngest son is 18 on 4th May and we are having a party on 6th May, hired a function room behind a pub, DJ etc, now trying to find a cake. I had no idea that they cost SO MUCH!!! I have seen anything from £87 to £250, and yes they were nice but its ONLY CAKE LOL.

Can anyone recommend a service or maybe a chain of shops that make cakes to order? Otherwise I may have to take a cake decorating course which would probably be cheaper!

It's not 'only cake' from all places..

supermarkets do some nice cakes so i would get two or three plain cakes and stack them on top of each other,these would be for people to eat at the party,and these would probably cost about 30 quid maximum

Supermarkets do discusting cakes, packet mix almost every time.

(Parent's have their own cake shop.)

Dom

Thanks guys, I am going to buy three nice fruit cakes from M&S, small, medium and large and then buy all the stuff to decorate them myself and stack them.

Would still like to sample some nice cake at the next meet though......;)

Dom????
any chance of some free cake?:devil: those chocolate cakes look amazing! get brining some to the meets!!!! (y)(y)(y)(y)

:yeahthat:

Thanks guys, I am going to buy three sh*t fruit cakes from M&S, small, medium and large and then buy all the stuff to decorate them myself and stack them.

Would still like to sample some nice cake at the next meet though......;)

Corrected for you.:rolleyes:

:chin: I'll think about it..

Dom

Corrected for you.:rolleyes:

:chin: I'll think about it..

Dom

Its for a bunch of drunk 18 year olds! The pub landlord told me that a few weeks ago there was a fight between two 18 year olds (twin sisters) which ended in one picking up a huge expensive cake and throwing it at the other one.

He also said they rarely touch the food and tons of it gets binned after every party so there really is no point in going OTT on something that could be thrown around or honked up outside once its mixed with all the booze lol.

However, Fiat owners at a meet will be MUCH more civilised and would truly appreciate some culinary delights:p

Its for a bunch of drunk 18 year olds! The pub landlord told me that a few weeks ago there was a fight between two 18 year olds (twin sisters) which ended in one picking up a huge expensive cake and throwing it at the other one.

He also said they rarely touch the food and tons of it gets binned after every party so there really is no point in going OTT on something that could be thrown around or honked up outside once its mixed with all the booze lol.

However, Fiat owners at a meet will be MUCH more civilised and would truly appreciate some culinary delights:p

Drunken 18 year olds won't eat fruit cake lol.

Civilised!? Never.:p

Dom

Back