Ducato Bg

Currently reading:
Ducato Bg

Brian Grosskopf

Can anyone tell me what is the pressure at the main fuel filter on the Fiat Ducato 2017 euro6. I was looking at fitting a prefilter to the vehicle is the pressure from the tank to the fuel filter low pressure

2.5 to 2.7 bar low pressure system ,if you splice into them fuel pipes it will leak they are hard plastic you won’t seal your connection

You can buy the connectors and there are special tools to press the connectors onto the nylon line, there are also a couple of DIY approaches for fitting them if you google dorman fuel diy fitting, this is my favourite: https://ls1tech.com/forums/conversi...budget-nylon-fuel-line-tool.html#post19106146

Bear in mind the the main filter is already a very low micron so if you're putting another in series you may find a low micron filter too restrictive.

Last edited:
Thank you for your advice the prefilter has a 30 micron fliter and a water trap all in one will have to think about the joining of the hoses

Thank you for your advice the prefilter has a 30 micron fliter and a water trap all in one will have to think about the joining of the hoses

If its a water seperating filter you may find that is only rated for vacuum applications or to 0.8bar. The only one I know of aftermarket thats suitable is racor 110a.

Back