Technical Beep Beep Beep Engine Failure!

Currently reading:
Technical Beep Beep Beep Engine Failure!

Ok here goes... £84 for a new Map Sensor... £75 for Diagnosis... Checked for update - Non Available... Cleared all error messages... and £81 for labour.

I Asked them to refill the Aircon too ... which they forgot about untill they phoned and told me it was ready, Muppets! They then phoned back and told me the machine that takes out the old gas was broken. So i didn't pay out the £99 quoted. They even didn't reset the Service Light either.

I looked on the board behind the desk in Fiat and it said "Stilo Aircon Service £99" so thats their price. Ulysse was £140 glad i aint got one of those ugly machines.

So I think their on the expensive side, and i'll deffinatly shop around to get the Aircon fixed. But alls fair they orderd the part the same day and i got my car back in Two days.

P.s What the **** is a Map Sensor anyway?????

Really I dont know!:worship:

Last edited:
What you see on the board at Seward is not what you get charged! Somehow it is always (a lot) dearer. Get a quote from Middleton Garage (close to Bognor), a much better outfit, and friendlier.

In my dealings with Seward they "forgot" many things, including forgetting to reset the service due indicator, and managed to damage the car.

Cheers Ostel thats the ind of info i wanted to hear! I'll be taing my car there on that recomendation. I ve just wrapped my Stilo around my drive fence and smashed a hole in the rear passenger panel, Luckily the insurance is gonna pay for it, and it aint gonna cost a thing... this should be another post really... anyways i had the choice of seawards doing the work and Nationwide in Portsmouth, and something told me not to go back to seawards so....

Rivern,
For the aircon there's a company next to another company I deal with regularly (nothing to do with cars!) but I couldn't remember the name. Been there today and the company I couldn't remember is "Collins Radiators" in Limberline Spur. They also service air conditioning. Can't comment on the quality or price of the work but they always seem to have a queue of cars waiting. Tel 9265 0246 For the location: PO3 5DZ

Back