Technical Antenna cable connection

Currently reading:
Technical Antenna cable connection

Mad Hatter

Whilst fitting a radio to my 2001 Multipla I have somehow managed to disconnect the antenna cable from behind the dash. This is not the cable that goes into the radio, it is a coax type with a termination similar to that used on cable TV, but smaller. I have had a good rummage and look under the dash but cannot find anywhere to connect this too. If I follow this cable back, it is about a foot long before it joins the harness at the same point as the other wiring for the radio including the aerial cable that goes to the radio.

Can anyone tell me where this cable connects, or failing that, some idea of the route the cable from the aerial takes.

It may just be the wire for the Phone kit, mine has the bare bones wires and coax just to the left of centre under the dash , visible when on your back in the pass side footwell.

It may just be the wire for the Phone kit, mine has the bare bones wires and coax just to the left of centre under the dash , visible when on your back in the pass side footwell.
That does sound like a possibility as it doesn't look used and it does have a threaded connection so shouldn't have come apart. this would also explain why I'm unable to find where it connects. Unfortunately this leaves me with the problem of poor reception which I did not have before I messed about with the radio (note to self "leave well alone"). If I move this cable it does seem to affect the reception, although this may be coincidental as it is close to the cable that goes to the radios antenna connection.

Well it looks like you were probably spot on JTDman. The radio reception has now magically fixed itself so it must have been a bad connection somewhere; let's just hope it stays fixed now.

Back