Another Ragged Cinq

Currently reading:
Another Ragged Cinq

Actually, this belongs to a friend of the ClubCento President and to quote him -
Put it this way - it is the closest thing to a real Abarth, prepped by Middle Barton Garage.

MBG were the first tuners of the Cinq.

good luck with emissions though ;)

MBG were extremely unhelpful when i tried to discuss tuning potential of the n/a 1242 about 3 years ago, and basically told me to go away and not come back till swapped the 1242 8v for the 1242 16v :rolleyes:

now im prety sure you cant get 282degree cams? can you?

Not sure about the cinq, but they are widely available. However you'll find they are classed as race spec. They will provide VERY LUMPY idle and on/off power delivery.

Ross

How can you have a 40ml throttle body. Also 10mm speakers ? This guys needs to get his units right. Also the car has 3 to 4 ml of tread????

maybe he meant 40mil? as in 40mm..

As for the statement about the abarth part, as fiat spec the cinquecento abarth had the kit and wheels. other fiat abarth models may have had the engine tuned but im afraid imo the nearest you can get to a cinq abarth is as fiat originally sold them.. ie with kit and wheels.. therefore this is nowhere near a cinquecento abarth?..

And does this mean if i took an MG Metro to the guy who originally tuned up F1 Ferraris etc i can then call the Metro an "MG Metro F1"?

just my opinion.. no offence meant to the owner.

Do like the wheels though, i used to have them..

Craig

Last edited:
This is my friends car the only reason he is selling it is because he has started to import jap cars . the car is brill and i can say it will do the 0 to 60 time ive driven it a few times he has spent alot of time and money on the car you dont have to rag this cinq for it to be quick !

Last edited:
Back