General Another Bravo To The Scrappers And Thanks

Currently reading:
General Another Bravo To The Scrappers And Thanks

mattsbravo32

I am sorry to say that i have had to send my 2nd bravo to its place in car heaven.
Overall i can say apart from the injector fault that they all have, i have had a good 18 month motoring out of it.
I have in my garage a drivers door in sassi grey.and
I have a front bumper with fogs same colour.
These are free to anyone who wishes to collect.
Just as a thanks to all the threads that have diagnosed problems and faults that i have come across in my experience of the 2 bravos i had.
so if you need them i am near leeds or i can meet if desperate for them.
Thanks again and who knows i might be back with a third.(y)

Strange! I've had my Brava SX for 12 years now and no injector fault has surfaced whatsoever. In addition, over the last 4 months or so I've been using a set of four magnets near the fuel rail which - believe it or not - seem to have worked and now give me more mileage and increased fuel economy by at least 25%.

Any particulars on the location and strength of those magnets? (Source for why you tried this?)

I understand there is a big difference in how long injectors last, depending on the particular electrics of the car. The injectors fail because the voltage and power in the pulse electronics vary a lot, on some cars its not as bad as others. The older design of the Weber injectors used in the 1.6 just can't cope with the power spikes very well and starts burns out after a while.

Any particulars on the location and strength of those magnets? (Source for why you tried this?)....
Like I have posted elsewhere on the forum, I have used a set of four of these http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220627034575&ssPageName=STRK:MEBDIX:IT (I just hope I'm not breaking any forum rules for advertising!) on my Brava SX 1998 reg and a set of three on my Punto Mk2 8v 2003 reg. On the Punto - that I mostly use in the city - I have seen noticeable difference in terms of consumption which is something to be honest that I didn't expect as I was particularly sceptic at first.
On the Brava it's too early to see any results but I'll try to take some pictures of both cars and I'll post them in here.

Last edited:
This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
....The injectors fail because the voltage and power in the pulse electronics vary a lot, on some cars its not as bad as others. The older design of the Weber injectors used in the 1.6 just can't cope with the power spikes very well and starts burns out after a while.
Agree. It may also be a good idea to keep them nice and clean possibly with the aid of a suitable fuel additive.

Back