Technical Another brake problem 1999 UNO...

Currently reading:
Technical Another brake problem 1999 UNO...

ozgurerk

Hi all,

I have a brake problem with my 1999 Uno MK2 (Turkish made). I have read other brake problem threads, some problems look like similar but they are not the same.

When I'm driving I hear brake pads noise ( It sings like a bird :) ) although I do not press the brake. After pressing the brake or after steering the noise disappears and restarts soon. Because of the firiction the brake pads burn out in 2000 kilimeters.

The caliper seals and plastic brake hoses have been changed but I could not solve the problem.

Does anybody have an idea about this problem?

Thanks.

Brake pad noise, which will sound like squeeling or squeeking. Is usually caused by worn and seized brake calipers, where the piston is retracting enough to allow room for the pads to pull back from the discs and allow free travel.

But you've said the calipers and fine, with new rubber seals. I would suggest getting some copper grease, and new pad springs, and lubricating the areas on the pad carrier, and calipers where you would see pad movement. Don't put the grease on the pad material though.

If this doesn't work, it may well be that you do need new calipers, even though the rubber seal has been replaced on the pistons, perhaps the damage had already been done.

:)

Hi, thank you for your suggestion...

Can it be a problem of master cylinder (3) instead of calipers? One of my friends has a 1999 Tipo 1.4 he has the 100% same problem with it.

Since we have the same problem I guess some common part may cause it.

Attachments

• unobrakesystem.JPG
    unobrakesystem.JPG
    35.5 KB · Views: 36
Hi,

I have found the problem. The caliper screws were crooked. We fixed it, no problem now.

Back