Am i crazy... (new car options).

Currently reading:
Am i crazy... (new car options).

what are my options for spending £70

• buy a lada samara 1.1 with 6 months tax, and a low mileage.

Votes: 8 30.8%
  • spend the money on the panda.

Votes: 6 23.1%
  • get a bus pass.

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • get my head examined for think of getting a lada.

Votes: 11 42.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am going to get a new car (second hand), and i want your opinions...

The car is going to be a run about that i can use and abuse, wait for it... its a

lada samara 1100, H reg, 22000 miles, lots of history, mot til july, and tax til end november, only £70 (tax is worth £65).

the other options are, use the £70 on the panda.

get a bus pass.

get my head examined, for actually considering a lada.

Buy the lada!!! They have heated windscreens....to keep your hands warm when your pushing it :p The old ones are the best!!

Don't you mean get your head examined for coinsidering using buses?! :p

Spend it on your Panda, you know it makes sense... keep it Fiat! :D

I know H reg is 15 years old, but I would question why are car with only 22,000 miles on the clock has lots of history. I would expect one or two service stamps and receipts for new tyres, that's it.

Neofolis said:
I know H reg is 15 years old, but I would question why are car with only 22,000 miles on the clock has lots of history. I would expect one or two service stamps and receipts for new tyres, that's it.

Well the histroy will be for all the filler its had put in to cover all the rust holes that have developed! :p

Well i bought the Lada, and i needed to spend £30 on service items before it ran nicely, it has very slight rust along the wheel arches (all four), but the interior is immaculate, as is the engine bay. When i said 'lots of history', its the receipts from the servicing (14 stamps in the service book, and receipts for each one). It still has an unused spare wheel in the boot (marked USSR), an unused tool kit, and the original (also unused) first aid kit. I have also managed to get 94 MPH out of it (not bad for a 1.1 lada :D)

you can do a lot worse than buying the cheapest car around then getting another one whenever it breaks. Literally saving thousands of pounds if you're willing to forgo the mod cons that is

Good luck with it! There's a lada parked down my street, it's very boxy and old fashioned but looks well built, no rust (well over 10 years old). Let us know how you get on.

Didn't they put a massive fiat in a lada on top gear or something last year?

I remember them tuning a lada once. They speant a lot on it.
Just looked at the Top gear web site and found this
we turned a Lada into a Lotus and found Britain's fastest van man.
and Can you turn a rubbish car into a driver's car? We managed it with our Lotus-tuned, 170bhp Lada Riva.

Its from what there calling Season 1 of Top Gear back in 2002. http://www.bbc.co.uk/topgear/series_1/

AppleSei said:
even though uve got the panda does that means ur panda days are done!

No, i have got the lada for doing the things i wouldnt submit the panda to,(carrying rubbish from the allotment, taking the fridge to be repaired, etc)

also i will be taking the lada to the war zone thats called 'tesco car park', where every car seems to get dented, scratched, and reversed into, and if this happens i wont care, as the lada is to be used and abused.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back