Alloy wheel cleaner

Currently reading:
Alloy wheel cleaner

Turtle wax wheel cleaner followed by a treatment of Turtle wax brake dust barrier or any car wax. (prevents the brake dust from sticking making them much easier to clean in future, usefull on BBS wheels like mine!)

When you are using the wheel cleaner spray it on and leave it for a minute, then use a paintbrush or wheel cleaning brush (not one you use for anything else!) to loosen the brake dust then rinse or powerwash off. Its a wise precaution to remove any plastic centre caps before using wheel cleaner, as it can discolour / damage any badges.

dave said:
theres another post somewhere that says in time that naffs the finish of wheels over time

As does every acid based wheel cleaner :rolleyes:

They should only be used if the wheels are badly in need of a cleaning and the brake dust won't come off.

A double strength mix of car shampoo works pretty well if the wheels are washed regularily

Went to local Tesco, or nearest anyway, they didnt have any wheel cleaner :(, but I did pick up 2 massive cans of Wheel/Bumper touchup spray and upholstery cleaner aswell as a new car smell magic tree for £3.50 which aint bad, I love tesco :D, Im just gonna try elbow grease tommorrow on my alloys with an alloy brush and a stronger mix of the wash/wax I use for the car.

Back