2011-09-14_11_13_39.jpg

Alfa Romeo 156 JTD Veloce

Introduction

hey guys, picked up a new alfa yesterday..lovely car, with cruise control ;)
a very rare expensive option back in the day :)

heres a quick picture

not the best, but on a nice sunny day it'll get a nice polish :)
just a few little details

its a 2.4 JTD, probably the best mix of diesel you can buy for the money, straight from the box it has 150bhp and 230 lbs/ft,
as i said cruise control which is wicked, so you can rest your foot on boring motorway journeys :)

it does need the belts doing soon, specially the AUX belt. :/

and in the future, itll be getting a remap, which should push out about 190bhp and close to 300 lbs/ft. and with that, it shall get a heavy duty clutch put in aswell to handle the stupid amount of torque ;)

and soon ish i shall get the car all clean, give the bumpers a t-cut and get some photos put on for you guys.
(y)

Last edited:
update :

recently put a intercooler kit on the Alfa, made a good difference.. more if the car was remapped of course :) but clutch will come before that.

heres a few pictures of it.

[url='https://www.fiatforum.com/gallery/data/500/DSCF44381.jpg']
555507_10152009171965193_1800170484_n.jpg
[/url]

a while back i also cleaned out the Throttle body aswell, no doubt now its back to how it was.

Heres the clean pics :)

thats bout it really, hopefully looking to get her setup with a heavy duty clutch, then my good friend Michael to build up a straight through system for her, which will be a slightly bigger diameter.

and then really after that, itll be time for a remap.. im hoping for around 210bhp mark. and some where around 300+ torque..

but ill keep updating if i remember.

heres a video of better photos and video of the intercooler setup, Enjoy!

thanks adrian :) yeah its been clayed and polished, i think itll need another claying sometime.

that port is from the egr valve, it gets blocked up inside and around that area over time, some people get there's remapped and remove the egr off the ECU..its only to recirculate the gases through the turbo port and out the back of the exhaust.
i will be blocking it off. so none of the dirt and carbon can block it up again, it can also improve low down torque.

yeah ill make sure to update.

Last edited:
Very nice indeed, i love alfas and one day I must own at least three of the models which I enjoy looking at every time I see one and envy for its many characteristic appeals, the 156& 147 GTA and the 159 GTA& 2.4 JTDM (y)

Just wanted to ask you a couple of questions, i am guessing the car part from the upgrade FMIC is completely stock standard. Most people always say that "unless ur upgrading your trubo, its a waste of money upgrading ur FMIC"?? Seeing as you had your car and drove it with your standard IC to then the upgraded FMIC, whats your view? Has it improved the standard performance of your car may I ask? Was it worth the money and was it expensive?? Any advice on brands??

Thanks in advanced :)

lovely car mate :) i drive a MiTo myself

should get signed up on alfanutz.co.uk be good to see you at some events :)
thank you! ill be sure to check it out :)

Very nice indeed, i love alfas and one day I must own at least three of the models which I enjoy looking at every time I see one and envy for its many characteristic appeals, the 156& 147 GTA and the 159 GTA& 2.4 JTDM (y)

Just wanted to ask you a couple of questions, i am guessing the car part from the upgrade FMIC is completely stock standard. Most people always say that "unless ur upgrading your trubo, its a waste of money upgrading ur FMIC"?? Seeing as you had your car and drove it with your standard IC to then the upgraded FMIC, whats your view? Has it improved the standard performance of your car may I ask? Was it worth the money and was it expensive?? Any advice on brands??

Thanks in advanced :)

Its not something like day & night, ive noticed a slight push it has above 4,200 rpm, has a little slight improvement to upper revs. The standard intercooler was side mounted so it wouldnt benefit from cold air, i dont believe it was doing any good for economy, when it came out it was covered in muc and all sorts which isnt good for air flow.

well with the FMIC now on, its given me 2mpg more now! not alot but atleast its doing something good. Until a good remap i cant see it being unleashed fully.

Yes it would be better for a bigger turbo for the intercooler, but already on these engines they have a good strong garrett unit which should be capable for 300bhp.

i purchased my intercooler, piping and two reducer pipes, for around £180 off ebay, brand wise mine is 'toyosport' i think its just a universal make, there is a intercooler kit specifically for the 156 from a good tuning company, but thats around £300.

thank you! ill be sure to check it out :)
Its not something like day & night, ive noticed a slight push it has above 4,200 rpm, has a little slight improvement to upper revs. The standard intercooler was side mounted so it wouldnt benefit from cold air, i dont believe it was doing any good for economy, when it came out it was covered in muc and all sorts which isnt good for air flow.

well with the FMIC now on, its given me 2mpg more now! not alot but atleast its doing something good. Until a good remap i cant see it being unleashed fully.

Yes it would be better for a bigger turbo for the intercooler, but already on these engines they have a good strong garrett unit which should be capable for 300bhp.

i purchased my intercooler, piping and two reducer pipes, for around £180 off ebay, brand wise mine is 'toyosport' i think its just a universal make, there is a intercooler kit specifically for the 156 from a good tuning company, but thats around £300.

Thank you for advice and feedback, all in all if planning to remap a turbo diesel it is worth it as long as its not too expensive :)

Thanks again (y)

remaps are the best thing since sliced bread :), the remap will cost me around £360, thats including Dyno, might sound expensive but i can atleast see where i want the boost to come on at certain revs. so its worth every penny, and i should see above 200 bhp too.

hey guys, after looking around for new seats for the car, i came across some, what i believe rare cloth versions to the very late pre-facelift leather interior with the electric tilt function.

well anyway they were local to me, only 10min drive away so it saved me a good £40 in delivery cost. i got them for a fantastic price of £16 for all seats, door cards and b pillars.

heres a few pictures to show you :) they are electric too

425966_10152147716790193_727883200_n.jpg

527362_10152147717815193_67516034_n.jpg

307812_10152147717455193_1134490549_n.jpg

Last edited:
Cant argue at £16!! Are they tricky to fit with the seatbelt going through the trim on the seat? You tried any cleaners on the drivers side seat?

Ive been wondering if you can change the front end of these to take those new lights alfas have like this;.

View attachment 108011

Its looking good (y)

Edit spotted these on google
Depo_GTA_headlight02.jpg

Last edited:
thanks adrian, i believe you can, something as simple as the bravo - marea front end, i think you only need to replace the wings, front bumper, bonnet, lights, and the few plastic trims, i would consider it, but it may be far in future for that..

hey guys, got the boost gauge all hooked up today, took long enough but just got there.

i really didnt wanna get those LED looking ones, i just fancied a nice clean simple looking one, which i think goes quite nicely in the alfa interior.

282119_10152160129715193_239815152_n.jpg

at the moment, its running 1.6/1.7 bar on overboost then drops down to 1.2/1.3 constant.
this is with FMIC, Airfilter and a italian tuning box(i might be taking it off).

thats about it really

chris.

hey guys just thought id update the thread, as im fitting projectors to the original pre facelift headlights. at the moment im running 6k Hids in the original halogen headlamp, very good i must say, but its annoying as my levelling is all over the place, bit of a cheap kit and i have been getting a few flashes of drivers, thats only because of the levelling on the headlights flickering.

luckily i have a spare set of headlamps in the garage of mess so i can still run around and atleast take my time and get it perfect!

i bought the projector lamps off ebay for £100, this comes complete with HID's, good quality ballasts(fat type), two relays for the electronic ballasts(so it says on these), and of course the two projector lamps.

they also have rings around the lights, maybe 'chavtastic' to some, but should look extremely smart, when i spray the headlight black.

IMAG01042.jpg

IMAG00852.jpg

IMAG00843.jpg

IMAG00981.jpg

IMAG00942.jpg

IMAG01063.jpg

IMAG01163.jpg

IMAG01195.jpg

shall update more as soon as i can, i update more on alfaowner you see, so i almost forget to update FF.

Back