alfa 156 2.5 OR 20v hgt bravo

Currently reading:
alfa 156 2.5 OR 20v hgt bravo

J

john mcdonnell

am looking to buy an alfa 156 2.5 v6 or a bravo 20v 155 what is the better choice any comments on either car? and are alfa romeo 156's reliable just wanted to get info for both cars from someone who may have owned one ???

the 20v 147 imo has got more of a kick than the 155,feels more lively.To which that is due to being cable driven.A few on ere and ff have said pretty much the same.(but its down to own preference) A simple chip and exhaust/ind kit/good air flow will push you to around the 160 mark.With the 155 you can only remap it which is expensive in my eyes for an extra 8ish bhp.But if money aint an option you can achieve around 170bhp with a sports cat and exhaust on the 155.

Now the alfa,i cant say as i havnt had one.
had my 147 4 years now and i love it..when it works lol

They are both reliable cars if they have been looked after properly and well serviced. Not everybody is looking for a car to get as much power out of them as possible - obviously this is sometimes what can make these cars unreliable.

The alfa 156 is alot more refined than the bravos. I have had both and the alfa drives alot better and holds the road like it is on tracks. The brakes on the alfa are far superior to that of the bravo also. The power brakes on the alfa shocked me when I first drove mine.

So if you are looking for a more refined car then I would say the Alfa.

If you want a boy racer type feeling car then get a bravo! ;)