General Air filter cover problems

Currently reading:
General Air filter cover problems

ironmonkey

Hello all, my S reg 1.9 td marea is a bag of problems, this weeks problem is the air filter cover. I can't take it off without wanting to get caveman on it.
All 4 screws are out ( or cable ties in my case) and I've loosened the clip connecting the airpipe thing, but the bugger doesn't want to budge. Am I missing something????

Got it off, and back on again. Seems there are two tapered lugs right hand side of the cover that can't be seen. That and a lot of bending did it, cheers

Got it off, and back on again. Seems there are two tapered lugs right hand side of the cover that can't be seen. That and a lot of bending did it, cheers

I've your exact same problem.
I purchased genuine spare parts (the filters) and took it to the gas station o have all the filters replaced, I paid 24 GBP and they replaced all the filters, except for the air filter.
I suppose that's what you get for servicing the car at a gas station :LOL:
I'd like to fix it myself.
What is a tapered lug ?

Last edited:
Just plastic tabs under the front wing.
I loosen the pipe clips, remove screws and then lever it up so the pipe disconnects (lifting around where battery positive is).

What filters they replaced? Cabin air filter and nothing else?

Just plastic tabs under the front wing.
I loosen the pipe clips, remove screws and then lever it up so the pipe disconnects (lifting around where battery positive is).

What filters they replaced? Cabin air filter and nothing else?

diesel filter, pollen filter, oil filter, however I replaced the air filter myself after reading the maintenance manual, it was stuck, you wouldn't believe how much the car changed after the filters replacement.
I must say it's been a while since the last fuel filter replacement, I guess it's the fact that it hadn't been changed in a while that made the car slower.

Back