General Aftermarket head units with screen?

Currently reading:
General Aftermarket head units with screen?

Hi all,
I recently bought myself a 2008 Grande Punto Dynamic (first car!), and want to fit an aftermarket head unit with bluetooth and GPS. Im big on cleanliness (i.e. no unsightly cables, using M3 tape to attach things etc.) and want to get a head unit that looks as factory as possible, whilst also having a screen. Ive done some digging, and found an Xtrons head unit made specifically for the Grande Punto (https://xtrons.co.uk/fiat-various-android-10-quad-core-2gb-ram-32gb-rom-psa60ptfl) which fits the contours of the centre console and has the features I want, but I'm not sure about the quality and compatibility of it. It also (from what I've seen) only comes in black, which clashes with my metallic grey/silver centre console. My question is, has anyone fitted this unit to their Punto already? And if so, how well does it work? Is it still possible to operate the volume and radio using the steering wheel buttons?
If anyone has any recommendations for other head units or general anecdotes about fitting an after market stereos to the GP that would also be greatly appreciated!!
Thanks in advance,
Ian

Hello, I have a bit different model but still made specifically for GP. It's PX5 with 7'' screen, 4/64GB variant with DSP, paid 220 euros plus shipping from china. Installation was plug and play. Some pictures are in attachment.

There is one small but really annoying problem - steering wheel controls are registered twice, ie. one key press changes volume by two steps or skips two songs. Two different CANBUS adapters nor firmware updates haven't helped so I've learned to live with it. I have found two guys who had same problem: one fixed it with new CANBUS box and other one wired steering wheel controls directly to headunit via resistive inputs - bypassing CAN altogether. It seems like a really rare problem.
Unit you linked is definitely more popular so I don't expect any problems.

I don't have any other complaints, performance is great, there are no slowdowns while using maps or similar heavy applications. I'm happy to answer if you have more questions.

Attachments

• PXL_20210101_103003091.jpg
    PXL_20210101_103003091.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 153
  • PXL_20210712_083036503.jpg
    PXL_20210712_083036503.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 160
  • PXL_20210109_103258505.MP.jpg
    PXL_20210109_103258505.MP.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 163
Just a minor update for anybody who stumbles upon this post - I contacted seller again and they sent me new firmware which fixed issue with steering wheel controls. Update filename is "ZQ_PX5C_UPDATE_C54_HA1_U002-EN_2021-01-09-1008_Pass". With that everything is perfect.

Seems I should have been more persistent in months after purchase, would've saved lot of trouble for myself :)

Back