Technical Aftermarket Automatic AC from Tempra

Currently reading:
Technical Aftermarket Automatic AC from Tempra

The User

I own a 1989 1.4 DGT model with carburetor engine. Since the car hasn't too much kms (only 120.000) and it still works like a charm without no probs and other things. Now, please, avoid posts like "sell your car and buy one with the a/c on it": I bought it two years ago, it's still new and well conserved, I'm too affected to it and I don't want to give it away since I've been carefully customizing it. Without considering the fact that an aftermarket a/c system is more expensive than taking replacements from the car junk (1500€ vs 150€ + 300 € labour)
I just want to know - if someone already did it - what are the procedures to install an aftermarket air conditioning system with all the pieces taken from the junkyard by another Tipo, Tempra or Dedra.
Considering the last twos also have automatic a/c, and I think it'll be difficult to fit into my car with all the sensors, I also want to know if it's possible to install the automatic on my car.

Any kind of support will be appreciated.

My bog standard 1991, 1.4 Tipo has 125,000 kms on the clock.

Currently, I'm advertising for a second hand Tipo with A/C, power steering, central locking and electric windows, there are plenty lying about here in Spain, but not easy to locate.

When/if you find any information on the subject, please post it here, I've been looking for the same thing for over two years, having owned mine since 1999.

Back