Technical 750 mania 5 speed

Currently reading:
Technical 750 mania 5 speed

hi new on here..checked dvla and found ive got only 1 of 14 on road of the 750 mania's(k plate) according to them!.love the little old thing so quirky and old fashioned and its done only 62 thousand miles.got it as a dead mot failure off the side of road with alot of knackered and worn out things.has any 1 else experienced issues with 3rd gear crashing? if you are gentle there isnt an issue.had a 750l 4 speed as first car all those years ago.i know 5 speed boxes are a rare for 750.

welcome!

yeah my 4x4 has a crunchy 3rd gear.. you get use to it ;)
my advice is to check over ALL CV boots and make sure the gearbox has oil in it right up to the fill plug. a total of 2.4 litres on the 5 speed box. not sure about the 4 speed...
put as much in as the box will let you.

bad leaking CV boots are a big killer for these boxes as the gearbox oil is held in by them!

all new cv boots inner and outer along with gl3 spec oil.when i changed oil last year the bottom drain plug still had factory loctite on and very knackered oil!.previous people had driven with half seized release fork,knackered release bearing for a long time.you needed a leg on steriods to operate clutch.

hi new on here..checked dvla and found ive got only 1 of 14 on road of the 750 mania's(k plate) according to them!.love the little old thing so quirky and old fashioned and its done only 62 thousand miles
I have one of the other 750 Mania's, 5 speed is great I agree although if you want motorways and you have a full boot/passengers its best to stick in 4th as you'll get a lot more from the engine :rolleyes: 3rd crunches too if you rush it, change gears slowly, especially if you're changing down from a higher gear.

Lucky with that low millage, I've very recently crossed the 100,000 mile mark :cool:

Back