General 6 months ownership on approved used 500x

Currently reading:
General 6 months ownership on approved used 500x

FiatFleetFamily

Established member
So I have had my 4x4 500x 6 months now since buying a COVID special from the approved used Fiat dealer. Chalked up just under 4000 miles to date.

Positives:

MPG on combined cycle averages 54 - 55mpg on a mix of dual carriageway and A&B roads. Comfort of the seats. Feels very planted on a mixture of roads. Off road capabilities good on muddy tracks and lanes. Sat nag had updated after Fiat contacted me for a mopar map update of which best sat nag I have used to date. DAB radio reception is very good. Brakes are superb. Tyre wear is minimal ( Continental EcoContact 5 ). Interior well screwed together with no squeaks or rattles. Slick manual gearbox. Amore Red changes colour richness in different light.

Negatives:

2.0 diesel a bit gruff on cold start up till warmed up. Factory Dipped and Main beam pants, but upgraded the H4 bulbs to Osram Laser bulbs, night and day difference.

It’s been a very pleasant the 500x and expectations are met as I chose this over the sister Jeep Renegade of which with the same engine and 4x4 drive train on same plate year was £4000 more expensive.

Back