Technical '51 Fiat Ulysse 2.0 S JTD 16V With ABS. What braking system?

Currently reading:
Technical '51 Fiat Ulysse 2.0 S JTD 16V With ABS. What braking system?

Hi All,

I have the following MPV and need to buy new shoes and fitting kit for it, but I don't know what braking system is on it. Does anyonw know what the braking system is on it please?

Fiat Ulysse, 51 Plate, 2.0 S JTD, 16V, With ABS.

Also, with regards to the rear brakes, are there brake shoes AND handbrake shoes on each side? Or is it just brake shoes and these also double up as Handbrake shoes too?

The reason that I ask is that I have been searching the net for a few days, and some are selling Brake shoes and others are selling handbrake shoes.

Are they one and the same?

Many thanks.

Thanks for you reply and help. I put my VIN in and it's typical, the tick boxes are not available on the shoes. I assume that they're not in stock?

Does anyone know the Mintex equivulent?

Although it doesn't say what breaking system is on my vehicle, I believe it is a BENDIX system?!

Is the Mintex equivulent a:

MFR407

Or:

MFR504

Tick boxes un-selectable:

http://eper.fiatforum.com/eper/navi...ODE=0&EPER_CAT=SP&DV=3&WINDOW_ID=1&GUI_LANG=3

I get an error 503 on the following:

http://eper.fiatforum.com/eper/navi...ODE=0&EPER_CAT=SP&DV=3&WINDOW_ID=0&GUI_LANG=3

Many thanks.

Mintex MFR407 - Which looks most like the One shown on the link for my Chassis Number in the Post above.

Or:

Mintex MFR504

BUT ! According to the Mintex website, the MFR504 is the one for my vehicle:

FIATULYSSE (220) 2.0JTD 1997cc, Eng code:RHW (DW10ATED4) 16V 80kW 109PS05/1999-08/2002

Many thanks,
A Confused Welsh [Not so] Wizard.

Attachments

• MFR407.png
    MFR407.png
    13.6 KB · Views: 24
  • MFR504.png
    MFR504.png
    10 KB · Views: 24
If you've got a friendly Fiat dealer nearby ask them which type you have, other than that looks like you may have to do a visual comparison.

Hi FF,

Unfortunately, the Fiat dealers and their parts departments around here and further afield are not helpful at the best of times.

Thanks for your reply.

Back